I was in accident and Emergency because..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Might be me being stupid but how does Er visits for people in America for example works , do you have to pay for your treatment or do you pay a health insurrance , we are very lucky to have the NHS over here xx

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

Might be me being stupid but how does Er visits for people in America for example works , do you have to pay for your treatment or do you pay a health insurrance , we are very lucky to have the NHS over here xx
Everyone's situation is different over here...Sometimes you have to pay hundreds of dollars a month for health insurance, and still arond 100-200 per ER visit on top of that ...
Some employers cover the entire cost of your health insurance but you are still responsible for paying per visit to the doctor or ER...it all just depends!!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow its not shown how lucky we are in the Uk to have the NHS! xx

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first Er trip I can recall so well. I was 4 years old my mom had just bought some fresh pears at the store.She stopped at my nans house for a minute and I sat in the car. I took a few bites out of every pear in the bag! within minutes I was covered in itchy hives! My eyes even started to swell shut
.. Guess I was allergic to fresh pears and i still am..I can eat canned but not fresh ones.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite was when I slipped on chicken poop while holding eggs in both hands and broke my right wrist last summer. The question of the night was, "Well...did you break the eggs." *sigh* Yeah...every one of them...and my stupid wrist too! I am right handed BTW - I homeschool my kids and am a wife and mother. And my 13 year old cat died while I had a cast on my arm and couldn't hold her properly! It was tons of fun. NOT!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

As i read everyone elses little stories I think of all the times in total I have been in accident and emergency! *gulp*

Age 2 : Fell down the stairs backwards and split my head open on a adult bike at the bottom of the stairs , glue.

Age 10: Suspected fractured wrist after falling over on a wet floor , was a nasty sprain.

Age 11: Grumbling appendix 2 days on fluids in hospital.

Age 12 : Bowel inflammation due to IBS 4 day stay on fluids/antibiotics

Age 13 : Cut a bit of my finger off on a tuna can , stitches , glue and a horrible bandage!

Age 15: Some horrible older child at senior school hit me in the head and caused me to have a seizure 1 night in hospital
Age 16 : dislocated finger in the car door had it put back and in a splint

Age 17 : server tonsiliitus was in hospital for a week very ill
Age 17 : back with the tonsilitus and hand foot and mouth disease , they also discovered a growth in my throat.
Age 17: Operation to remove tonsils and take out the growth for biopsy (came back benign thank god)
Age 18 : 3X stays in hospital due a condition effectin my kidneys and bladder.
Age 19: Tried chasing some one after to much alcohol ( that some one was my dad and the horrible woman he had been cheating on my mum with) ruptured achilles tendon ,split calf muscle and was in a cast for 3.5 MONTHs still ongoing physio
Age 19: Lost some vision and had pain and vomiting due a condition I was just diagnosed with 2 weeks ago Benign intercranial hypertention , in hospital for a week with fluids/lumber punctures , scans and neurologists (still working out the treatment plan to save my sight)

So apart from the year I was 14 I have been in hospital for one thing of another lol. Not very lucky in the health department
Are you a guy? If so, this makes sense. If not, WOW you are accident prone! Shesh!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BlueRexBear

Are you a guy? If so, this makes sense. If not, WOW you are accident prone! Shesh!
Lol no just a unlucky clumsy girl lol

subconsciousme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been to the hospital a lot, but nothing for accidents really--more of the pre-existing condition nature. The one incident I do remember was when I was maybe 11/12 and was a tomboy. I had a BMX bike and jumped a curb. Landed in glass all over my face.