I was a car wreck tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I just read this! Sorry you got in a wreck. I got in a wreck wenseday 2 weeks ago. I kinda did the same thing. It was raining and someone stopped in front of me. They were scared to turn cause they couldnt see anything so I was in a hurry to get home to Ari. Looked to see if anything was coming in the other lane didnt see anything switched lanes and boom. Hit these idiots in a monte carlo that had been speeding. We both got a ticket and both have to go to court. But Im freaking out wondering how much my ticket is going to be! My car got trashed. Had to hammer up the part that is above the wheel because it was scrapping and made it undrivable. Whole front side of my car was trashed. Their car sucked mine up into their tire. They ended up with a tiny dent and a broken tire rod. Mine is screwed/
Aww hon that stinks
I totally feel for you on that. Were you ok?

Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Glad you are ok. I didn't know that Colin was a cop?!! glad he was there for you!
Yea he's a cop. He was on duty when it happened- we were supposed to go get a bite to eat on his dinner break, that's where i was driving to meet him when it happened. So fortunately he got there pretty quick when i called and he was able to call another officer to take the report/handle the accident (he couldn't as i'm his fiance and it'd be a conflict of interest i believe)

Just an update on the car- the adjuster came out this afternoon. She is estimating about $3000 worth of damage
The bumper needs to be replaced as does the grill. There is a small amount of frame damage to the passenger side door but fortunately not much more than that. The spot under the hood that holds the radiator in place- some of the metal is shredded on that so it needs to be repaired or replaced. Thankfully though the car is not totaled so that's good. My agent is supposed to email me the estimate tonight so i can print it off and take it to the auto body place when i have the car repaired. The deductable is $500 and my ticket is $90 so that's definitely not good- it's going to set me back as far as the wedding and my keeping my temporary health insurance coverage goes so i'm not sure what i'm going to do about the rest of it yet. Thankfully it's no more than that though. I'm not sure how much my car insurance rate will go up as a result of this so i'm just praying it's not too bad.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww hon that stinks I totally feel for you on that. Were you ok?
I was ok really sore for a few days. Everyone thought I was hurt cause I just sat there crying like a baby. The cops kept asking me if I needed an ambulance. I couldnt even talk. I was out of it for a few days. Everyone said they think I must have hit my head but I dont remember hitting it and my head never hurt. But I couldnt talk straight at all. How come you know how much your ticket is and I dont. They said I would find out at my court date which isnt until Middle of November.