I want to learn Spanish

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Por que no le preguntas a tu novia que te ayude a hablar el español. Yo creo que la gente aqui te a dado mucha buena informacion para aprender el español. Si necesitas ayuda por favor mandame un mensage privado. Te deseo mucha suerte.

Good luck trying to figure out what I just said.
I'm very rusty on my spanish but i believe this is what she said.

"Why not ask your girlfriend to help you learn to speak spanish. I believe that the folks here have given you very good information for learning spanish. If you need help please send me a private message. You desire much luck."

If I'm wrong forgive me but like I said in a previous post it's been almost 15yrs since I've had Spanish courses. I really just wanted to test myself and see if I did still remember some of the language. So did I get it right?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a local spanish station? Several people learn another language simply by watching a channel that speak nothing but it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterkitty

"Why not ask your girlfriend to help you learn to speak spanish. I believe that the folks here have given you very good information for learning spanish. If you need help please send me a private message. You desire much luck."

If I'm wrong forgive me but like I said in a previous post it's been almost 15yrs since I've had Spanish courses. I really just wanted to test myself and see if I did still remember some of the language. So did I get it right?
OH, thank you

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Do you have a local spanish station? Several people learn another language simply by watching a channel that speak nothing but it.
Not that I know... maybe on the main street (Broad St) there's something but it's a little bit far away and I need a car to get there

I think watching a channel can be a good idea, but I'm trying Rosetta now, there's money back guarantee for 6 months if it doesn't work

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can learn on your own.

Go to the library and borrow a language course on Spanish. Look for ones that have both a book and audio tapes.

Colloquial ones are the best.

I used these courses to brush up on my French and to learn Danish.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You can learn on your own.

Go to the library and borrow a language course on Spanish. Look for ones that have both a book and audio tapes.

Colloquial ones are the best.

I used these courses to brush up on my French and to learn Danish.
The Rosetta Stone is really great, it's so good

un niño y una niña = 1 boy & 1 girl

un niño y una niña en una barca = boy & girl are in a boat

It teaches you the basics and also to type... I really love it!

Thanks to those who recommended this program

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Very good!
You had everything right. Desire is the correct word for deseo, but so is wish. I meant to say "I wish you much luck".

Your Spanish is still pretty good. Do you know how to write it? I speak Spanish fluently, but I have problems writing it. Rigel, (Coolcat) is helping me with that.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Very good!
You had everything right. Desire is the correct word for deseo, but so is wish. I meant to say "I wish you much luck".

Your Spanish is still pretty good. Do you know how to write it? I speak Spanish fluently, but I have problems writing it. Rigel, (Coolcat) is helping me with that.
What about me, encima de your post?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Not that I know... maybe on the main street (Broad St) there's something but it's a little bit far away and I need a car to get there

I think watching a channel can be a good idea, but I'm trying Rosetta now, there's money back guarantee for 6 months if it doesn't work
How about Dora the Explorer? That's the closest I can think that would get you started.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What about me, encima de your post?

The Rosetta Stone is really great, it's so good

un niño y una niña = 1 boy & 1 girl

un niño y una niña en una barca = boy & girl are in a boat

It teaches you the basics and also to type... I really love it!

Thanks to those who recommended this program
The first one is correct but the second one is wrong. It is "un niño y una niña en un barco" Barca does not mean boat.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of barca, but after doing a google search they do call boat as barca. I'd prefer to use barco or bote.

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I wasn't sure about "desire". I thought that sounded kind of funny but I didn't want to cheat. I was always better at reading and writing the language than speaking it. I always had trouble with my pronunciation of some things especially when you have to roll "r's" cause I simply cannot do it.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks! I wasn't sure about "desire". I thought that sounded kind of funny but I didn't want to cheat. I was always better at reading and writing the language than speaking it. I always had trouble with my pronunciation of some things especially when you have to roll "r's" cause I simply cannot do it.
I have problems with both features with my Spanish lol so you're in a good spot for sure