I want this cake!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Have you ever seen the Food Network show Ace of Cakes? They have some amazing cakes too! If only I lived closer to Boston - I'd love to get a Charm City Cake!!! Or dare to learn how to make something so sinful to cut in to!

Thanks for sharing the video - it was fun to watch.
Ace of Cakes is awesome. He makes some fantastic cakes. But I think he's actually in Baltimore, not Boston.

Eliza Strauss, the cake designer in the OP video, has done a couple Food Network Challenges on The Food Network. Her cakes are always absolutely amazing. The Food Network Challenge show is awesome as well. I'm watching one right now, and they have to design cakes based on movies from Disney-Pixar. The cakes they are designing are from Toy Story, Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, and Monsters, Inc.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Ace of Cakes is awesome. He makes some fantastic cakes. But I think he's actually in Baltimore, not Boston.

Eliza Strauss, the cake designer in the OP video, has done a couple Food Network Challenges on The Food Network. Her cakes are always absolutely amazing. The Food Network Challenge show is awesome as well. I'm watching one right now, and they have to design cakes based on movies from Disney-Pixar. The cakes they are designing are from Toy Story, Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, and Monsters, Inc.
Oops! You're right - Baltimore... the funny thing is, I even looked it up before I posted to make sure I wasnt misspoken. Figures!

...and I just watched that show too! Too bad about Sully! And I thought the Bug's Life cake was much better, but Nemo was neat too - you know if she had more time she would've completed the back.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Wow! That takes real talent!

I'm sure her dad was thrilled with his cake, and I love the picture at the end of the dog next to the cake!
That was so sweet at the end. There is no way I could cut that cake either! That was amazing!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

...and I just watched that show too! Too bad about Sully! And I thought the Bug's Life cake was much better, but Nemo was neat too - you know if she had more time she would've completed the back.
Oh I know! I thought The Bug's Life cake should've won too. I was surprised Nemo beat it. But they all were gorgeous. If the guy had done the full Monster's Inc cake, that would've been amazing looking. As long as it didn't fall like it did at the end.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is adorable! I wouldn't want to eat it though. It just looks too cute! Ok... maybe I'd cuddle with it.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The level of skill and talent to create something like that is amazing. I've been taking the Hobby Lobby Wilton courses (only one left to go until I'm done) and I'm amazed at what the professionals can do. I don't plan on decorating cakes for a living, but I enjoy doing it as a hobby.

ETA: And if anyone is wondering why she keeps covering the fondant with cling wrap and such, it's to keep it moist enough so the fondant she adds for details will stick.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!!! I could not put a knife into it. That looks so real. I would hate to even guess how much money that costs. Talk about labor intensive! Wow!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That cake is amazing! It looks more like a sculpture than a cake... I would love to have one like that made to look like my Golden Retriever!

I sometimes watch the show Ace of Cakes too. My favorite was when they did a Hogwarts cake for the movie premiere party (or something like that) and they showed Daniel Radcliffe complimenting it at the event!