I want my life back!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the appeal is different to each person... it might just not be your style. I like it because the characters (to me) I've grown to really care about, plus I've always been a fan of medical shows, and it's a drama (almost soap opera ish) but with moments of humor. There is a large cast so there's at least one person to relate to... and if you don't like watching it for the drama in the character's lives, there are some pretty interesting medical cases that they have to deal with.

That's my take on it, anyway. Like I said, it might not be your taste - or maybe if you were able to sit and watch it from the beginning you might grow to like it. I know a lot of people think Meredith is annoying, I can totally see where she's coming from and so I like her. Oh and I personally think Patrick Dempsey is cute, but that's just me. :eek:)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hello, my name is Heidi, and I'm a Grey's Anatomy addict.

I started watching it on the 2nd episode, and was pretty well immediately hooked.

Hope, I think one of the appeals is the characters. They all have their flaws, they all have their issues, but overall they are good people. There isn't any stereotypical character in the show. They are all intelligent, hard-working, caring people, who are all very different but brought together in this one hospital.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Now UGLY BETTY, well...that's a great show.
I have no idea what the attraction to "Grey's" is because I've never watched it. But I love Betty!

When I first heard about it I thought "how crude can you get making fun of a homely girl"! Then I found out I could watch it on line. I was hooked after the first episode. It only took me two Sundays to catch up.

Hopefully they won't beat it to death and they won't end up selling her out like they did in the show that it is based on.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I did not have Tivo I would never have time to watch all my shows. I prefer to watch my shows when I want to watch them instead of when someone else decides I have to watch them. Plus watching 2 or 3 tv shows at the same time is not possible. We have 3 tivo's and they all get used. I have 15 tv shows that I watch regulrly. I record them and skip the commercials so it takes half the amount of time to watch my shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Wondered where you were, Eileen! Now we all know - huddled in front of a TV screen watching DVDs!
That's totally been me the past couple of weeks!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

So, you all love it, can someone please tell me what the appeal is? I'm really and honestly curious.
Honestly, Hope, this is a show I never thought I'd like and I didn't get the appeal either. I don't think Patrick Dempsey is all that hot and some of the medical cases can be a little farfetched. So, it really is the characters. Yeah, they can by whiney and selfish at times, but they're interesting and real and compassionate. There's drama, romance and humor in this show and it's really well written. It's made me laugh, cry and get angry all in one episode. That's the kind of show that I like to watch. I normally wouldn't spend so much time watching TV, but this has me hooked.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Hello, my name is Heidi, and I'm a Grey's Anatomy addict.

I started watching it on the 2nd episode, and was pretty well immediately hooked.
Heidi's actually half the reason why I got addicted. I remember when it first came out she was going on and on. Then one day in like March or April they had one of their recap episodes on and I happened to watch part of it... and then I was like, "oooh... now I get what she's been talking about."

So I blame YOU Heidi!

And on that note, a little bit over an hour til a new episode, woohoo!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand what you mean. I didn't watch much of the first season either but I caught up to it and now have never missed an episode. I'm really hooked on it too and I can't wait till 9pm to watch another new episode