I want my cats back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashaandsammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So you guessed that they were stolen? What did your Dad say about that? See I would have thought that if anyone brock the lock on his house, he would have called the police. I know I would, whether anything was stolen or not.

Can you tell us what help you are looking for here. I know you are doing your best to tell us, but it's hard to convey information like this to complete strangers. You need to be more precise about who said what and when, as opposed to what you believe happened. As you can see, people are trying to help you but we are confused. It's important to know the difference between facts and guesses.

You said no-one owns your cats. Do you mean no-one has them and you believe they are wandering the streets? Or is this lady telling you she has them now? Who is this lady and how did you find her?

Leaving aside the issue of how your cats went missing, what are parents telling you now? Are they telling you to forget it about? Are they willing to help you find them? What do they say about this lady with the photos of them shaved?

As others have said, be very careful about any strangers claiming to have your cats. I don't think you should deal with them unless you've got an adult who is willing to help you. A sensible adult that is, even adults get taken in by scams.
Okay, this lady is my grandma. She was going to the doctor and saw them wandering around. My grandma is allergic to cats so se couldn't take them in. My dad is driving around there looking for them but he couldn't find them. My mom doesn't really do anything. She isn't crazy about cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashaandsammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey SashaANDSammy, the more I think about this the more I worry about this lady who says she has or saw your cats. I'm going to be all Mumma Bear here because now I'm worried about someone taking advantage of you.

Can you tell us a bit more about how you got in touch with her? How much contact have you had with her? How are you communicating with her, i.e. text, phone, email? Do your parents know that she has contacted you? What has she said to you? I know/hope you may have had just the one contact with her but I want to double check there isn't more.

I know she could be honest. But as everyone said, something is just off. I just want to make sure you aren't giving her personal information about yourself. And please don't even consider meeting her alone!! I don't care if she's 80 years old and volunteers at the children's hospital. I may be over-reacting but you're young and missing your cats and that makes you an easy target. Know what I mean?
I have my grandma's phone number so se sent me the pictures. She wants to take them in but she has a severe allergic reaction to them.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are the chances that someone broke in to your dad's house, stole your cats and cat food, shaved the cats, then threw them outside?

Sorry, but your parents gave your cats away and aren't telling you the truth about it.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   Sadly, l'm agreeing. lt was my initial reaction, but l didn't want to post it. Now reading everyone else's thoughts, added to the extra information you gave...it seems pretty clear.

The facts as l "think" you've stated:

Cats disappeared along with their food while dad was out buying them yet more food.

Door was open and lock was broken/on floor, but no police reports initiated for someone breaking into dad's house.

Grandma who lives a 2 hour and 45 minute walk away spotted your cats - now shaved - wandering around outside her neighbourhood.

Didn't risk her allergies to try to trap them and get them back for you, but rather, took pictures to send to you.

Maybe your dad forgot to close the door behind him and accidentally lost your cats. l'm not sure how the pix of them shaved would factor into that scenario though.

l don't know what to say to make you feel better, but l'm very sorry that you're dealing with the loss of your cats, however it happened. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uou said you were away for 3 months. Was the lock on your dad's door still broken or did they just say it was or are you just trying to get sympathy for no reason?

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tend to agree with moat of what is said above, but considering you know your mom better, you are sure it is not your mom. She might be saying this allergy thing because she sees you stressing out about their absence and in her way is trying to talk you out of this.... but I can't see why someone would steel your cats....
there are plenty of outdoor homeless cats of all colours and breeds.

I also don't see where is the problem with a 2 or 3 hours walk if that gets you your cat back? Maybe someone can go with you to be on safe side (if public transport is not an option)

Last edited:

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Were you with your dad looking for them?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The moderators are closing this thread now. Recent posts have been repetitious, and the tone is becoming unfriendly, which is not acceptable in the TCS forums. We have also deleted the posts we found to be most out of line with TCS policy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.