I tried a recipe from Cattitude!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Great idea Fran!

I have been adding garlic and some broccoli in Mika's Cheesy chicken, and serving it over rice
Oh I like the sound of that! We always (yes, every meal) have fresh broccoli as a side vegetable but the garlic sounds like a nice touch. I prefer potatoes over rice myself but daughter and hubby love jasmine rice so I'll try that next time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

You're having a grand ol' time, aren't you!

A thought occurred to me the other night when Rob and I were talking about this. Could we, when we report on having tried a recipe, include in the report what other dishes we served with it? I know that I have habits around what I serve with a given dish, but I'd be interested in what others (who had no preconceived notions of what goes with a dish of mine) paired it with. There might be ideas there that never occurred to me...
ummm, sure no problem! With your meatloaf, I served the traditional stuff....mashed potatoes and corn. Duh, what else does anyone eat with meatloaf?!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh I like the sound of that! We always (yes, every meal) have fresh broccoli as a side vegetable but the garlic sounds like a nice touch. I prefer potatoes over rice myself but daughter and hubby love jasmine rice so I'll try that next time.
I can tell you right now that you'll like Jasmine Rice with it, Linda. That's what I almost always serve, and it just fits. And broccoli is a frequent veg.

I like the idea of some garlic, too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

ummm, sure no problem! With your meatloaf, I seved the traditional stuff....mashed potatoes and corn. Duh, what else does anyone eat with meatloaf?!
I have to agree on the mashed potatoes, though lately I've taken to doing garlic mash sometimes.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried another cattitude recipe or 2!!!

The one I made this past week was MacKenzie's (babyharley) Pasta with Asparagus! DH just loved it! It was a pinch too hot for my palate though!
I am a big wuss when it comes to eating anything hot!
And the left overs I always bring in for the guy that works in my building, and he said it was awesome too! I made it with a fresh loaf of garlic bread....I have to add, it was a cinch to make! It took about 15 minutes total!

I also made Menagerie Mama's "Meowmy is that Chicken I smell? Soup" and I am having it for lunch today! It is delicious, and reminds me of the soup that my mother used to make when we were sick from school. I added one thing to it though, that my mom used to put in our soups, 2 cans of corn. And it is so good! I made it with dumplings, not with noodles....even my DH had some, and he is one to say "I don't eat soup"

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I tried another cattitude recipe or 2!!!

The one I made this past week was MacKenzie's (babyharley) Pasta with Asparagus! DH just loved it! It was a pinch too hot for my palate though!
I am a big wuss when it comes to eating anything hot!
And the left overs I always bring in for the guy that works in my building, and he said it was awesome too! I made it with a fresh loaf of garlic bread....I have to add, it was a cinch to make! It took about 15 minutes total!

I also made Menagerie Mama's "Meowmy is that Chicken I smell? Soup" and I am having it for lunch today! It is delicious, and reminds me of the soup that my mother used to make when we were sick from school. I added one thing to it though, that my mom used to put in our soups, 2 cans of corn. And it is so good! I made it with dumplings, not with noodles....even my DH had some, and he is one to say "I don't eat soup"
Glad you liked it!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Glad you liked it!
yeah, DH is now suggesting that this be a regular meal in my house....mind you he whined the whole time I was making, he doesn't usually like pastas in anything other than a red sauce, he thinks their too oily or buttery.....so after 20 minutes of whining, he got to taste it, and all I hear is "mmmm, this is good, this is really good babe, mmmm, I sure like this alot, this isn't what I was expecting"

(I will have to seperate a portion for myself, and not add as much red pepper.....
)