I took pictures of Mitzy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been all through this. Whiskas is NOT "terrible food." It's not the best, probably, but there's no reason to expect that your cat could eat it his whole life and not be reasonably healthy. No cat food company is in the business of killing their customers, and to assume otherwise is just crazy.

That said, much of the pet food industry uses leftovers from other industries. This may come as a shock, but that's true even of the high-priced, premium brands. But there is a wide range of qualities and sources of the stuff used in the foods.

My brother has two cats who are well into their dotage (15+ years), and the BEST they've ever eaten is Purina Cat Chow. Often they've eaten the cheapest store brand. One has been to the vet exactly once, to be spayed. The other has been twice, to be spayed, and for an impacted anal gland.

There is a lot of great advice here about quality food, but I don't think it should include a guilt trip about what people are feeding their cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, He's eight years old. ^_^ His previous owner is telling me to start letting him out over the weekendI want to give him one more week with the house first so eitherway I should have some photos of him sunning in the garden soon.

And reading the ingrediants on whiskas I'd certainly have changed foods with or without this forums health. It's disgusting what they put in that food. Although my sister assures me that it was a lot worse at one point. Especially the percentage of ash used.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love his expression! He looks totally like Garfield! Do you guys have Garfield in England??

Post pics of the bunnies too!
Over in the "other animals" area.