I Told My Son Today...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have any experience medically wise with animals? Sounds like he'd fit in swimmingly at a vets office or shelter
Maybe he could look into becomming a tech or going to vet school

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually Nikki, he wants to be a luthier...someone who makes guitars...you know from just a piece of wood, cut it out, etc...the whole thing. There's a school in Phoenix he wants to attend...we'll see. He's got about 6 guitars now...and since his birthday is in a few weeks, he's got his eye on another one! LOL! He also has several amps and electronical things in his room...s'looking for a recording system to where he can record (duh) as he's playing...maybe a computer that can do that...

Hilda>^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Actually Nikki, he wants to be a luthier...someone who makes guitars...you know from just a piece of wood, cut it out, etc...the whole thing. There's a school in Phoenix he wants to attend...we'll see. He's got about 6 guitars now...and since his birthday is in a few weeks, he's got his eye on another one! LOL! He also has several amps and electronical things in his room...s'looking for a recording system to where he can record (duh) as he's playing...maybe a computer that can do that...

Hilda>^..^<
That is soo awesome! I was a music industry major (production engineering was my emphasis) for a while - so music is definitely a neat field to get into
/ I'll send lost of vibes his way that he can get into the school he's interested in

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - your son is SO cute. I'm sitting here wishing I was an 18 year old girl in your area right about now.

(I think Mia is quite cute, too - but then again, I'm a little biased when it comes to torties.
)

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's cute, loves cats and can cook...
LOL I hope he can find a job he likes soon. Cute kitty too btw.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Well since i have been looking for some jobs in texas for about 4 months , they dont seem to be easy to find there.
I thought Austin was booming with "hi-tech" jobs... maybe it has slowed down! It's been ten years since I lived there.

...Funny you should mention grandbabies SwampWitch...
Haha, first thing when I saw his picture I thought, "Beautiful grandbabies for Hilda!"

[SIZE="3"...Its a Fender with a bright red body and a white 'face' (I know its called something else but I can't remember right now what the proper term is.)Hilda>^..^<[/size]
I think it's a pick guard. Your son ought to seriously consider moving to Austin and trying to get an apprenticeship with Michael Stevens (if he's still making guitars). He made Junior Brown's "guit-steel" along with other guitars - he's an amazing craftsman, the best.

http://www.stevensguitars.com/

Originally Posted by GingersMom

OMG - your son is SO cute. I'm sitting here wishing I was an 18 year old girl in your area right about now.
...)
And you know he's a nice guy, and you'd have a great MIL!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'll move this to fur pics
Well, I know Alex Jr's got lots of hair and all...but why is this in fur pics now?

Hilda>^..^<

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dang! You know....I'm 20 & single.

You are lucky to have such a wonderful son!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You definitely did something right Hilda! Can I send my 10 year old down to you so you can home school him and teach him how to mash potatoes? You can send him back when you've made him sweet like Alex. (He is cute already, and he loves kitties, but you can fix the rest of him)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Belinda! I'll tell ya what...high school math isn't what it used to be...dang! I told him 'son I can work with you on everything else...you're on your own with math!'

Hilda>^..^<

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks y'all, I appreciate your comments
They are just a couple of the reasons why I tend to smile so much every day of my life

Hilda>^..^<

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has a Colin Farrell look to him. Very handsome. Why not suggest he work at a cat shelter? Or go into vetinaray studies.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, that's a good idea. He's kinda still lookin' around, not sure what he wants to do for the time being. I guess at near-20 (if I can remember that far back), I really didn't have a clue either. With all his natural skills, he really has much wide open to him already...I can only imagine how well he'd do at something he actually studies for. I've always thought of him as my lil' renaissance man. Well not always...when he was a boy, he loved squishing any kind of bug...nothing was 'safe' as long as he was around. I knicknamed him 'Death To All Bugs'...
When he was in his early teens, I was amazed at how physically strong he was (even though he didn't work out and was a lil' chubby from spending so much time playing video games)...he could lift stuff and move stuff...left me amazed. I called him 'Monster Boy'...
Funny. Anyway, I know he'll figure out eventually what he wants to do. We're supposed to go out later on today and see who's hiring around town. I may even be lookin' for a job myself...who knows?

Thanks for the Colin Farrell comparison...I hadn't thought about that. Yeah, I guess he does. He's been compared (in looks) to John Travolta in Pulp Fiction and to Johnny Depp as well...not bad I'd say! One time, he & I were having lunch together and an older woman who had been sitting behind us, walked up to him and told him he had a beautiful profile. He was polite but afterwards sorta freaked because she was 'so old!'...older than me!! LOL!!!!

Hilda>^..^<