I think something has gone wrong

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I have a very fast heartbeat. I don't know what causes it. I just had my blood work and basic physical. I've had a fast pulse for years. I have had Dr's comment on that for many years but they don't have an explanation. I also get dizzy spells. I was walmart and did a blood pressure test and it read my pulse at 119 beats per minute. I don't think it's ever under 100.

My heart rate is rarely under 100 either, and I also get dizzy spells that come & go.. I also get fuzzy-headed and can't think straight sometimes. In my case, I think it's due to anxiety attacks.
I used to have chest pains/pressure, too, but that has eased up. My doc wants to run further tests, but I don't have any insurance to pay for it all.

I hope you find out what's wrong ASAP, and let us know what's up. I hope it's nothing serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all.
Still here, still alive.
Have not been to the doc. Yea, I know, but I have been trying to take a logical approach to this now that I have stopped freaking out.(about the fast heart rate)
It is not withdrawl, too long into the process. Never did have this in my worst drinking mess. That was a lot worse for other reasons, just trust me on that.
Anxiety, the probable cause.
Alcohol being a depressant shut that down for me, feeling afraid, drinking to cure that
My body also has to learn to deal with less sugar as well. Thats fuel. Alcohol is just loaded with sugar. Thats why I am over eating, carbs, lots of carbs.
I have fasted for the last 3 days, not starving, fasting, it's a whole different ballgame. It ws spirtual. Nothing but water. It was just horible! LOL, I laugh because I have water fasted before and this was by far the most powerful, and sucky.

My resting pulse is now down to 84. A good thing.
DO NOT FAST if you do not know what you are doing, please do not. It is dangerous and can kill you. I have had years of this training, what to eat before and what to eat after, if yo do not have this, you risk death.
Fasting is not just stopping eating, it is a process, and if you dont follow that you can die.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're feeling better and your hear rate is back to normal. Overeating on carbs could be what was causing your heart rate to go up if you were going to extremes because extreme overeating can cause an electrolyte imbalance... Please make sure that you eat well and take care of yourself!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The over eating carbs is probably your body craving the sugars it is used to getting through the alcohol. I remember in my internship we had a woman who had never eaten candy in her life. When she stopped drinking she started craving hard candy. For her it was probably a combination of the physical addition with the emotional addiction of needing to have something satisfying. I comend you for your curouage to stop drinking, but I do wish you would find a way to see a doctor. It could be anxiety, but it's good to make sure that is the case. Then if you know for sure it is anxiety, you can move forward on learning to coping mechanisms to lower your anxiety.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

My heart rate is rarely under 100 either, and I also get dizzy spells that come & go.. I also get fuzzy-headed and can't think straight sometimes. In my case, I think it's due to anxiety attacks.
I used to have chest pains/pressure, too, but that has eased up. My doc wants to run further tests, but I don't have any insurance to pay for it all.

I hope you find out what's wrong ASAP, and let us know what's up. I hope it's nothing serious.
I don't have insurance either so I just have to roll with it until something breaks.

Trillcat,

I am so glad to hear your doing good!!!