I think someone hijacked my screen name..(Rant)

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok well, I don't want you to feel like you can't tell us things. I understand what you mean about the online friend thing, and let's face it, we all become really involved in what we spend a lot of time with - and in some people's case it is the internet (I'm sure we've all been through our obsessive internet phases - I know I have!!), but what I want to know is....after school -what are your plans for the future?

PS - If this guy Adam thinks you hate him, and someone stole your IM name, that's just immature and dumb of him. If he can't take the time to find out the truth, just let it go. A normal mature person would say hey - I heard you said you hated me, what's up with that. And then you would explain - what? I never said that, and then after talking about it, it would clear up and that would be that.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

It also seems you are into music, maybe you could try to find people w/ similar interests through lessons or associations.

See if your parents will let you take guitar lessons or something like that.
If they aren't open to the idea at first, do some research on how music lessons and classes can make you a better student, and show it to them. (It's true! Voice of experience here!)
In most towns, even the most rural, there are plenty of teens who are "outside" but cool and into music...as you seem to be. They also tend to be much cooler, nicer, and more accepting than kids you'll meet at school.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

Adam from what I know of is a good person and I really don't want to lose his friendship
The thing is, if he felt the same way, he would have tried to talk things out with you instead of cutting you out of his life.

I sympathize with you not being able to meet anyone off-line, but you should know that most people on-line are...well, there's a reason they're not out meeting people in real life and it can't be because ALL of them are in the same situation as you. I used to think I was the only normal, sane, mentally balanced person on-line for a while!

I'm sure no one here would discourage making friends on-line completely because many of them have here as well
and I'm sure they wouldn't consider their TCS friends less of friends than their real life friends...or maybe they would.
I call my on-line friends "e-friends." You can turn them off and on when you feel like it. You can't see their expressions or hear their inflections in their voices; essentially, they are who you want them to be. A simple "hello" can be interpreted as "OMG HI! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ON!" or "ugh, why are you always bothering me?" depending on your mood and your disposition.

I'm not saying you couldn't be great friends with someone off-line that you met on-line, but until you meet that person in, well...person, you don't really know. So don't get so involved, sweetie.
I know it's all romance and daydreams when you meet a new boy who seems (note the word SEEMS) to be Boy Wonder, but try not to get too excited until you actually meet him in person.

As for Alex, if you really care, just walk (how far is it exactly) if possible at all, and tell him it was all a mistake. If not, then don't worry about it. There are plenty....PLENTY... P L E N T Y... (i.e. A LOT! LOTS!) more fish where he came from.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

Once again, you post about having long term friendships with people you only know via online. I am the parent of 2 teenagers. I will tell you that 98% of the people on their buddy lists and in their blog circles are people they KNOW from school or the neighborhood. It's time for you to start interacting with real poeple.
Iagree..not wanting to sound like such "a parent" ..but my almost 13 year old isn't allowed to IM people she doesn't know..This will stay the same until she gets her own computer and is old enough to evaluate strangers for herself..heck, even most adults can't do that
You are likely lonely and I understand its hard making good friends and keeping them, but not in one of your online scenarios have I yet seen evidence of a good friend.
If this Adam lives two blocks away and I was intent on knowing what his issue was, I would march over there. But I have to agree with the others...a friend doesn't block you out with no reason given. And I know Canadians are grand people
but a best friend generally lives in the same country as you..There Has to be places other kids go in your area. I can't imagine they all sit home talking online.