I think my parents are adopting a cat they found - and then another one to keep it company

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll elaborate more on this when I get a moment, but I'm under the impression right now that a cat found a week ago, which had no collar, but a chip, and may have been missing for days without the owner knowing because he's out of town, and the person he had pet-sitting this cat has vanished (supposedly moved to Canada, where they're originally from) - will be kept.  There was a question as to whether the owner would take it back (which I did not like the idea of), but it seems more and more like my parents will be able to keep this cat, and they plan to adopt a friend for her.

I've also been told that if they do have to give it back, they think they're going to adopt 2 cats.

So, that will make 4 cats between my parents and myself (5 if you count Ollie in spirit).  That's a lot of cats!

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why don't you like the idea of the original owner taking the cat back? If I went out of town and had someone looking after my cat, she got out, someone found her, had her scanned for a chip, knew that she was owned and decided to keep her, I'd be extremely upset and would get the police involved so I could get her back. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah - like I said - I need to elaborate on this more so that you guys know the background behind this.  It will make more sense then.  Sorry.