I think my neighbour is "lying" to me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah yeah I'm dealing with the fact that she probably isn't "lying". I'd prefer she was lying though than to think Lily prefers someone else!
She's MY baby!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Wow, that that is unbelievable!
That is a story I'll never forget.
My very first Siamese cat (Susie) was the only female of those three kittens and my friends gave her to me because of my bond with their cat. She was my soul mate for 14 years. She sat on my lap as I breast-fed our daughter and she holds a special place in my heart.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My very first Siamese cat (Susie) was the only female of those three kittens and my friends gave her to me because of my bond with their cat. She was my soul mate for 14 years. She sat on my lap as I breast-fed our daughter and she holds a special place in my heart.
Awww, that's what I love.... hearing touching stories like that! I am sure that is a memorable experience for you and a very special place in your heart!

I really do agree that some cats just have special bonds with some people and not others. Cat's are very unique, interesting animals.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My downstairs neighbor's cat will rocket to me when I go down there. It's not that she's not affectionate to them, but when I'm there, she's all about me. She will even follow me into the kitchen which is, in her mind, "dog territory", and she's afraid of it. She never goes into the kitchen any other time. My friend's chihuahua is the same way. He will do anything to get to me.

My own two cats? Neither will sit in my lap, or even lay next to me, so...go figure, huh?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

My downstairs neighbor's cat will rocket to me when I go down there. It's not that she's not affectionate to them, but when I'm there, she's all about me. She will even follow me into the kitchen which is, in her mind, "dog territory", and she's afraid of it. She never goes into the kitchen any other time. My friend's chihuahua is the same way. He will do anything to get to me.

My own two cats? Neither will sit in my lap, or even lay next to me, so...go figure, huh?
I think it something along the same lines as the grass being greener on the other side.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yeah yeah I'm dealing with the fact that she probably isn't "lying". I'd prefer she was lying though than to think Lily prefers someone else!
She's MY baby!
I don't think she prefers anyone other that you! Lily is just being Lily. She'll come around to you.