I think my kitty knows I am pregnant...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I posted a little bit ago that my adopted SIL is delivering tonight. She came over about 2 weeks ago for dinner and the cats would not leave her alone. They wanted to lay across her stomach the entire time she was there. I'm very grateful that she likes cats.

Congratulations!!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

"Shucking cats"?
I find it amazing just how intuitive cats really are!
Well, I have lived in Alabama for 30 years!

And the breastfeeding company is kinda nice, until you have the lanolin + LH white (shedding!) cat + hungry baby...
Or go to pump and realize that a rotten cat has chewed holes in the tubing
...But it is sweet when they sit on the arm of the chair and give the baby kitty kisses on top of her head

One of the funniest things was the reaction we got when we brought her home from the hospital- it ranged from "Oh yeah, smelled that before" to the looks of "Cute baby, see? (lick lick). When's she going home? I want my lap back" (that took about 3 weeks to go away
) to "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? ACKKKKKK! IT MAKES NOISE! LOUD NOISE! ACK!" (that would be Smoochie, who didn't get to see the nieces and nephews when they were little
).

Speaking of Siamese and kids, my parents are always telling me stories of their Siamese, who would let me sit on him when I was a baby, and stick my fingers in his ears up to my knuckles, and fingers in the eyes (all the while I am saying "Earrr...Noseee..." LOL
), and he just sat there and ate it up

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I posted a little bit ago that my adopted SIL is delivering tonight. She came over about 2 weeks ago for dinner and the cats would not leave her alone. They wanted to lay across her stomach the entire time she was there. I'm very grateful that she likes cats.

Congratulations!!
I haven't seen that one yet- have prayed for a safe delivery and a healthy baby

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Im due September 11th!
AWESOME!!!
Congrats ladies
....time will fly by before you know it...I can't believe that I only have 5 weeks left now...I remember back at 17 weeks...

When do you find out the gender??

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when I was about 8, my auntie was pregnant with my cousin. Their cat would always lie on my aunts tummy and would not leave her alone.

When my cousin was born, she was in the room at the back of the house asleep in her cot and a fox came in through the french doors. My aunt heard a noise and went out into the room to find the cat fending off the fox and standing right in front of the cot as if to protect my cousin!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Neat Story!

Originally Posted by Alaynna

Congrats ladies
....time will fly by before you know it...I can't believe that I only have 5 weeks left now...I remember back at 17 weeks...

When do you find out the gender??
Well, I had had our baby by the date you are at now
, but we found out after we asked the doctor and nurses in the delivery room! They assumed we knew, and my doctor forgot that we were waiting so it would be a surprise!
I'm sitting up in the stirrups saying "Well?!? Is it a boy or a girl?" as they were doing her scores
. They all turned around and stared for a second, then one of the nurses said "You mean you don't know?" and then they all turned back around to look at her and check so they could tell us- they were so focused on everything else since she was early, they didn't know either
!

Isn't it usually at 26 weeks when they can tell you the gender pretty confidently?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard of other experiences just the same, and honestly not surprised. Animals are much more intuitive to this .........

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Wow. Neat Story!

Well, I had had our baby by the date you are at now
, but we found out after we asked the doctor and nurses in the delivery room! They assumed we knew, and my doctor forgot that we were waiting so it would be a surprise!
I'm sitting up in the stirrups saying "Well?!? Is it a boy or a girl?" as they were doing her scores
. They all turned around and stared for a second, then one of the nurses said "You mean you don't know?" and then they all turned back around to look at her and check so they could tell us- they were so focused on everything else since she was early, they didn't know either
!

Isn't it usually at 26 weeks when they can tell you the gender pretty confidently?

We actually found out the gender at about 17 weeks....and it was confirmed again at 26 weeks...but most places will schedule an ultrasound around 20 weeks or soo....so you might find out soon