I think my gone crazy

maymay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Or is a good thing, 8mon ago we moved 1800mile from our home in SC to North Dakota. A week before the move I had May May fixed and her brother Pepper. They did so well on the 5 day trip. I never even know they was in the truck with me until it was time for a pit sit. We finally made to are new home, they loved it was all over this house,May may was always getting in the tub ,she loves water and bath's. after a few weeks I could see May May was getting big so I cut back on the food. At night it would sound like someone breaking into the house get up and look miss may may casing field mice in the basement, my husband said that why she was putting all the weight on. A few weeks ago I was in the bathroom cleaning it May gaming running in and got in the tub like always but this time she turned and put her butt over the drain then I heard it !!!! I yelled she peeing in the drain she looked at me Like I'm crazy... I really don't know why she doing it and should I stop her! My husband she leave her be just spray cleaner around and in the drain after she goes, if I stop her he said she may go other place in the house, she will use her litter box it the door closed. What do I do with her crazy self. She a amazing cat [emoji]128049[/emoji] please help me I want to do the right thing.. Thanks for your time

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my cats pees in the bath tub too. It doesn't bother me at all, there are worse places she could pee and it's easy to clean, right?

If she starts peeing in other strange places you should take her to the vet and get her checked for a UTI. Sometimes the reason they stop using the litter box is because it hurts to pee.

If it's just in the tub and you don't mind it, no harm done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maymay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I just like to make sure this was not going to start some bad behavior. It's much easy to clean the drain then the cat box. My husband said maybe she will try the toilet next lol, is the first 2 cats I have ever had. I really enjoy them, they are really helping me with the move and being away from my kids and grandkids. I have found out they listen better then my dogs. Are much more loving too. Thank you again

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've heard of people training their cats to use the toilet. 
 Think of how much you'd save on kitty litter!

Enjoy your cats, I'm glad to hear they're helping you settle in to your new place.