I think my cat's pregnant!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i've never felt a cats stomach after its dropped before, when my mums cats were pregnant it was easy to feel the babies, but i wasnt there when the bellies dropped and stuff so, yeah, i cant if her belly has dropped or if it was a false pregnancy, she keeps going in the tree and under it and meowing really strange :/ she alwso goes in the litter box doing the same thing, but then she's running around like crazy! :/ im so confussed :(

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The running around is sometimes them running away from the pain so to speak.

They'll often confuse kittens coming for needing to use the tray so keep an eye she doesn't have them in there

Pop her in a room with her box so she's not loose in the house, but somewhere you can stay with her and is an appropriate place to birth ie, not under the tree ;)

Last edited:

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, i've kept her in the living room with me for the past 2 weeks, away from the boys :) and she seems fine now, she's just sleeping on my lap right now, and i was thinking of moving her box closer to the tree, she seems more comfortable over there, its that or my lap xD
if her belly has dropped, roughly how long untill she might start labor? I know its different for all cats, i just want to be prepared :)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like within the next day or so with how she's acting

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Really? Wow.
I kinda hope so, i'd hate it to be a false pregnancy really, i'd feel awful :(
do they still go into labor with a false pregnancy?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The false pregnancies I'm aware of fade away around 6 weeks along, quick google search said up to 7 weeks so they wouldn't show labour signs at that point they tend to just come back into heat and that's how you know

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you :)
i'll keep an eye on her over the next few days and if nothing i'll take her to the vets :) thanks guys, you've been a big hekp and i'll keep everyone posted :)

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just thought i'd you all know, i think Von D has gone through a false pregnancy. And i suspect the 'meowing' she was doing was calling, i think she was in heat, she seems fine now. Her belly isnt round anymore and she dosnt seem to be in heat anymore. I'm keeping ALL 3 as indoor cats now untill i have the money to get them fixed.
But thanks for everyones advice although :)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great she's not having kittens and you're keeping them in, keep her away from the male even if you just got him fixed he's still fertile for up to 8 weeks

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel kinda bad though :( and i never knew that! And i will do :) she'll be staying with us in my bedroom at night and i'll keep a close eye on them. Thanks

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's good that she's back to her regular size so quickly. My Alice experienced a false pregnancy (or perhaps reabsorbed her litter). We were a little concerned because she stayed pregnant looking for quite a while...she's great now but it took her some time.
Great that you're keeping her in until she's spayed. You'll have a much happier and healthier girl! :)

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well even after shes done i think i'll keep them as indoor cats anyway, because with having a jet black cat, im scared if he goes out at night he might get hit by a car or something

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely safer to keep them in, so great to read that's what you're planning

You can cat proof the yard, build an enclosure or take them out on harness as a safe alternative

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We dont trally have much of a yard really, and i want to get them a harness but my boyfriend said i'd look stupid, plus i dont think the cats would like a harness. I might just give them the spare room to be honest, maybe build a ramp or two :)

and thats what i want to do to be honest, open my own rescue :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't trust 'keeping an eye on them" to prevent him from jumping her. It only takes a few seconds for cats to mate, and you have no way of knowing if he's still fertile (unless she gets pregnant. . .). Best to keep them entirely separate, you can rotate them in the bedroom so she doesn't have to stay alone all the time.

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know but if i did rotate, them one of them would be on there own at some point, and they get vocal when they get left.
Its strange, sullivan (un-neutard male) dosnt seem to bother with her when shes in heat. I'm not saying he's never going to try and have a go but i was just thinking its strange lol!
Also, my other male keeps sucking the duvet as if he's suckeling. Any ideas as to why? The people i adopted him off said they rescued him from the back of a shed when he was about 3 weeks old.
And i think that might be why von d has gone through a false pregnancy, i've read its more common for a female to have a false pregnancy if she mates with a neutard male

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have a harness for Bella and Thunder. I see no problem with it. It does look crazy but if you think your cat may run away it is useful. I have used 1 one Bella but not Thunder. It didn't seem to bother her at all. 

dejolane