I think my cat was shot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreojumblesbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catmangled  Thank you for your concern! I know you meant the best by your post and that was very nice of you! I would like to inform you, not offensively at all, that if I knew trying to get help for my cat would bring more bad than good, I would have waited it out. I do not come from an abusive family, and I know that in the long run, my parents understood my concern for the life of my cats. Money is tight and I know that my cat is worth it, but I guess I just had to give my parents a nudge to get Oreo to proper care. Thanks for your response, and have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OreoJumblesBear, you are my hero young man!!

I just read through this thread, it made me worried, concerned for you and your kittyfriend, then I smiled and got chills for your bravery, your loyalty, the fact that you reached out for help, and your overall maturity, and the news that your cat is recovering nicely!!

I ADORE you! 

Your kitty is beautiful too by the way. If you were near me now I would give you the biggest hugs!

Is your kitty neutered? I hope so, it's for his own health and well-being. If he is not, you know with some research you can find local low cost or free neutering for him.

One tip of advice, I see he eats dry cat food, and I know lots and lots of people who also feed their cats dry only, but just wanted to say it is extremely important to always provide clean fresh water daily, so he drinks enough to compensate for the dry food diet, okay?

I said clean and fresh because cats won't drink as much as they really need if the bowl feels filmy at all as they are super picky about clean water.

Best to you and your sweet kitty, maybe someday you will be a cat rescuer!!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreojumblesbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catwoman707  Thank you so much for your response! And yes, Oreo is neutered. We made sure to get him neutered as soon as we got him! I have 2 bowls for water for him. I make sure to replace it everyday 
!  Funny thing is, I actually had to get him metal dog bowls for water because his brother, Bear and him kept knocking the other bowls over 
! Thanks again for your post, It was very thoughtful of you 

Sincerely,

OJB

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Oreo is one beautiful cat! My Picasso looks just like him with spots, solid stripe tail and a pagltch of fur on the head. Thanks for sharing the photos and do please stick around! You've made some good friends here :)

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had seen this thread earlier and prepared myself for the worst when I checked back. I am SO glad to see it turned out well for you! I want to join the chorus of letting you know how awesome you are for fighting to get your kitty medical care in these tough circumstances. You definitely saved his life, and you should be proud.

It can be tough being a minor. I was the same way about my kitty when I was your age. Fortunately she never had any problems that needed treatment until she was elderly and I was grown, and I suspect my dad would have taken her if she had, but it can be frustrating when they are really our animals and we are the ones who care for them, and yet we don't have full control over their environment and circumstances.

I would also talk to your parents about filing a report. Someone who is violent towards animals is likely to strike again, and may target a person next time. I think violence towards animals is plenty bad enough on its own, but the "more likely to attack a person" aspect convinces a lot of people to take it seriously when they might not otherwise.

It doesn't sound like you have any clues as to who did this, but at least it would be on file if it ever happens again to someone else, or someone else's animal, and they can reference it for similarities. It sounds like someone shot the poor little guy with a BB. Bleh. I can hardly even write that. People make no sense sometimes.

Very happy for both of you, and once again, be very proud of yourself.

Last edited: