I think my cat searching for a female cat around the house...

katy57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, 

My kitten is almost 8 months old. since last few days he doesnt let me sleep. he keep mewing all night and runs around the house. I guess it is time for him to have a girl..

I am not sure if I want him to be neutered, because he is an apartment cat. he can not goes out of the house, 

also I prefer provide him a natural life, but not producing little kittens!

what do you think if I bring a sprayed female cat same age as himself? 

or I ask my friend to bring her sprayed female cat to spend some time with my cat? in this case, how often do they need to meet so that he feels comfortable?

I should add that my cat never say mew.. this is first time I hear him making sound like that.. im sad for him ... :(  

please advise...

thanks,

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can not stress enough that you must have your boy neutered. If you don't, you are going to have a big problem on your hands. To quote one of the TCS articles:

Prevent spraying.

Tomcats (unaltered males) spray foul-smelling urine around their territory. Neutering a male cat before he reaches sexual maturity, almost always prevents this behavior pattern from emerging. If a tomcat had already taken to spraying, neutering is still likely to stop or at least significantly reduce the habit. The urine of a neutered cat is also less smelly.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that it's imperative that you have your Tomcat neutered. Unaltered males are impossible to live with. It's in their nature to sow their seed-- by any means necessary.

Please get him fixed today!

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are not doing your cat any favors by not having him neutered.  He will be happier and healthier if you get it done.  I have 3 boys....all neutered...and they don't think they are missing anything. They are happy, affectionate, playful, and all get along great because they are not being ruled by hormones.

kingfootie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I completely understand you wanting to keep those little balls of his intact, because they are sooooo cute, and it is hard to imagine taking them off and how he is so happy right now.  I get it, I know where you're coming from and it breaks my heart.  But wait, listen to my story.  Many years ago with my first cat, I learned the hard way, that if you leave those adorable little testicles intact, they will soon produce such an aroma -- Sweetie, you have no idea!  This is something you never dreamed of smelling... not in your wildest of dreams could you have ever imagined anything could smell this bad.  The stuff that will leak from your boy's anals even when he isn't spraying will be enough to choke a horse... and I mean CHOKE a horse.  At least 20-30 times worse-smelling than ordinary cat pee, every time you pet him, he'll squirt from the excitement of being petted, and every time he even perceives another cat outside, he'll spray that noxious smelling scent in places you never imagined, and if you let him live outside, he'll squirt all over the side of your house and yard and the smell will never dissipate because he will always be doing it.  Not only that, he'll fight with feral Toms which will expose him to all kinds of diseases, bites and scarring.  You can wait to see what I'm telling you about... for that very first mind-blowing squirt, the very first "scent-SCENT-sation." Or, you can act now.  Please, you must run--don't walk--to the vet, because once you get that first squirt, you'll feel like it's raining condensed cat pee everywhere, and you'll spend hours searching where the odor is coming from, because the smell will be everywhere in your house.  You'll smell it on your clothes and in your pores.  The, the only way to find the source of the smell will be to shell out some bucks on a black light and wait until it's dark to find the squirts and sprays, then you'll need to buy Anti-Icky-Poo enzymes to get the smell out.  PEE-U, I just re-lived some bad times...

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plus, if you bring a spayed female into the house, he's probably going to try and mate with the poor thing anyway.

How is that good for her?  Good grief!