I think my cat of OCD

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I had just posted here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have the ferals that are now house cats. Well one of them, Fuzzy, is now sleeping on my pillow with me. she has started to want to groom my hair all nite. Its driving me crazy. She starts at the roots and just works up the hair. Aside from the fact that it is hard to sleep while she is doing this, it leaves my hair all wet. she only seems to do it on the top of my head while she curled around me. The other nite I kept moving down the pillow till she had chased me off of it totally. she kept coming to me and cleaning my hair. at one point I looked up at her and she started on my face. talk about a facial.
it wasn't really gentle. she didn't stop or anything, just kept going. I finally gave up on the pillow and pulled the covers over my head. Of course, under the covers were my three dogs, and I still had Orange Cat on the pillow in the middle of the bed. I've rewashed my hair with different shampoo, didn't use any products, etc. I don't know why she is doing it, but I really need sleep and I hate having my hair wet lol
any thoughts

Mary

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with my Cinnie. She goes on top of my pillow and starts washing herself and the pillows are shaking, and she too keeps it up and up. I usually put something up there that she can't lay on to block her getting up there. It usually works. Because she'll only do it if she is laying up there.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't explain it either. Perla has a fascination with human as well. Same scenario at night. She loves to sleep on my pillow and groom my hair. Drives me nuts, not to mention the lose of sleep
. A few nights I have had to put her out of the room because I need to sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's not just me or something in my hair. She is a cutie and we love her to death. Orange cat is another one that torments me all nite. he likes to keep some part of him on my body. but with him he wants to have his face right by mine. if I roll over he has to move so he can watch me sleep Of course, it makes it hard to sleep when someone is staring at you lol and to think these were feral cats and it was a couple of years before they would stay around when they saw humans. they are our babies