I think my cat just had a tasty meal of a cockroach!

new_kitten_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcuster

Hello! I noticed that all of you seem to have a cat that kills and hunts things in your house. Mine does not seem to do this. Anytime I get a bug in the house I have to kill it. All my cat does is just play with it for a second then walks away. Is there something wrong with my cat? Do any of you know of any way to get her to hunt more stuff? I didn't see anything on the site about it and was just wondering if I was doing something wrong or maybe some of you have seen a cat like this.
i have seen a cat just the same way i say it look like he just wasnt interested in in, if you could some how close the room off so its only the cat and the bug maybe she might go and kill it for you... good luck,,, i my self hate killing bugs.

Kathy

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toby and Tedy hunt and eat bugs too.....all but the Asian Lady Bugs...they each ate one that I know of and will now bat at them but don`t eat them.
I`d wonder why, but I accidently bit into one myself last year. We`d been eating peanuts, and when I took a drink of my pop I found a piece of "peanut" floating in my mouth. One bite told me it was not a peanut! My Hubby thought I`d lost my mind....I was just sitting there quietly one second and spitting wildly all over the livingroom the next....they are bitter, bitter, BITTER!!!
Linda

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Polly has stalked bugs, but I haven't seen her catch one yet.

Prego has caught and eaten, a few spiders, a large fly, a huge cicada and a small toad. Yuck! If it moves, Prego will eat it.