I think my cat has a health problem ..

wildcats004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everybody,

My name is Marie and I have a 1-year-old gray tabby with black stripes (his name is B.W.). I think he has some type of problem -- maybe some worm or parasite. Today I saw this thing on his eye, like, ON the eye and at first I thought it was just hair or something that had gotten in his eye. It didn't seem to be bothering him, but as I looked closer, I found that it wasn't hair. It was like a worm, but transparent. Pretty thin and pretty long but it wasn't too big. Looked like a long water bubble on his eye .. but I don't think it was really bothering him. Still, I thought maybe it was something that got in his eye, so I left him. I was still sort of worried so I checked again in about 2 minutes and it had DEFINITELY moved. And later, it was totally gone, but it came back (I never saw it move .. ). It's really gross, but I can't find anything online about it. We're probably going to take him to the vet real soon, but if there is any information that anybody could give me on what it might be, how he got it, what effects it has, etc., I will be so grateful! Please don't post your reply on this postboard, since I tend not to check back on postboards too often. Please just email me at [email protected]. Thank you so much!

- Marie
If you want to see pictures of my kitty, please visit http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...1b302bdee2552. Thanx!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just so others can be aware, this does happen in cats, but it is highly unusual. The parasite is an eyeworm and kitty needs to go to the vet. I emailed you, should you check this board in the meantime.