I think its time!!!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYCAT

sorry i haven't updated lately I been out all day. So I thought this morning I would wake up to find Missy snuggled up to her babies (Nope) nothing.
She has been in her nest all day and she feels like she is stiil having contractions but all she is doing is purring like crazy. So I went online to a couple of cat birth sites and read labor can take up to 12 to 24 hrs ? Is that right?
WOW I did not know that. I think I will do a internet search also. I hope she has some cuddly kittens soon. Good luck.

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, That is true that the 1st part of labor can last 36 hours. Hope had contractions (small) Discharge for 2 days before she had hers. But when it started it went so fast. She had 2 a one time hanging out, Talk about crazy...I hope a goes well with your little ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok now thing are getting wierd she keeps comoing out of the room getting me then trying to get me back to the nest and when i rub her belly she keeps looking down at you know waiting (I think) for me to hand her a baby (what?)
is she doing please help I am really confused

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYCAT

Ok now thing are getting wierd she keeps comoing out of the room getting me then trying to get me back to the nest and when i rub her belly she keeps looking down at you know waiting (I think) for me to hand her a baby (what?)
is she doing please help I am really confused
She might want you there for the big event.
That should make you feel special

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FIRST - - - take 20 seconds and breathe and think. Literally. Please. Try not to be so tense...

Ok. Now. I know it's very very stressful and confusing.

They tend to pace around a lot and lick their 'area' when they're getting close. My Sweetie followed me and tried to lead me to where she would give birth too. My advice would be to keep an eye on her, and follow her. And TRY to relax, at least a little. It's hard to think straight when you're nervous and panicking, and you need to be there for her
She trusts you and loves you and knows you'll help her through it.

Best of luck to Mommy-to-be & you, for a safe delivery & healthy newborn kits

Continue to keep us updated please.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say follow her and make the room dark and calming and you both try to take a nap, maybe you will awaken to kittens.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat wanted me in the room, right beside her, the whole time, all night (I have told this story in another post, but here I go again-short version
). She came and got me when she went into labor
, and got upset when I would leave, even to take a potty break-she would come after me and holler at me to get back in there!
I just got a pillow and a blanket and curled up in the closet floor for the night
. She also liked having her tummy rubbed, pretty much since she first started showing-and before, she would take your arm off if you tried to pet her tummy! She still likes her tummy rubbed, 10 years later
Everything will be fine, and I'm sure you have your vet's number if you really get worried
. You need to be calm for her-it's scary, I know, but you can do it for her
!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank all of you so much I know it is hard to be call but i am trying hard. So when I put my oldest to bed ill bunker down for awhile speak of the devil and she will appear ,she just wadelled in (lol) I'll keep you posted thanks again.I dont have many friends and none with cats you all have been great!!!! @-(--