I think it's time to.....

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
get stairs for Maggie. I noticed lately she's having trouble getting up on the bed and I miss her when she doesn't sleep with me. Well she's about 15 1/2 years old now and other than that she's fine (she and her sister Jazz always get good check ups at the vet
). Does anyone else have stairs for their kitties?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not stairs but I have stuff placed around house leading to counter where foods kept cause of the dog inhaling any possible food:S and the cat tree.

I have a chair left out which helps the cat tree and for counter I have a foot rest next to a stool.
2 of my cats have issues at times(ones got something up but blood came back ok, and other is a bit heavy massive built cat with hip issues)

Our bed is just on boxspring so no issues there

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never had stairs (couldn't find them at the time), but I did buy a little stool to help one of my older kitties (may he RIP) a few years ago.

Coincidentally, I subscribe to a newsletter from a vet school, and they just did an article about pet stairs. They are available in a wide range of prices, from just $20 to over $100.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Same here. Not stairs, but I once filled a storage box with books to make it heavy so it wouldn't move easily, then covered the top with quilting and covered the entire box with fabric so it matched our bedroom drapes. Then I placed the box next to our bay window so Miss Priss could still jump onto the window seat. These were in the days before that made fancy stuff for cats/dogs, so we had to do our own! She used it all the time, and I never worried about it moving when she jumped on or off it, since it was quite heavy.

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since our little Spring is still springing on to our 3' high bed we are not too, too, worried about things right now--but we did get stairs for the bed when we got it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We've been thinking about stairs for the kids. They're all in their teens now, except for Amber and Mollipop, and we've noticed that Pepe and Boo have problems, not often, but we see them sit and think about it before they make the jump into the window in the living room or into the catnapper in the bedroom. DH thought he might be able to make some nice stairs for them.