I think it's time to quit my job. (kinda long)

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep documenting everything. Just keep a little journal that you keep with you. Make notes on every conversation, what was said, particularly if it was out of line, or asking you to do something you're not supposed to.. keep track of your responses, the time it happened, the day, his attitude, basically just everything. You could very well need it later on down the road and don't be a bit surprised if he is playing it cool right now but starts to do other things to you to get you to quit. Mark it all down.

Not sure about there, but here.. retaliatory behavior is against the law as well. Make sure you document everything. Better to have that info and not need it than to need it and not have it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You made the right decision by leaving. Sorry to hear that! Hope your last two weeks are okay.
I have also had a boss overwork employees by huge significant amounts of time and when questioned about the overtime without any more compensation the boss directly said that is what good employees do, employees that want their job put in more hours beyond what is required off of the clock. It was a place you were paid by the hour.