I think it's time to lose weight

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

A-mazing. Love it.

I've been asked if I'm pregnant before...I'm 5' 4" and I weigh like 115 pounds, so it's not like I'm remotely chubby. I think it's those gosh-darm empire waisted cotton dresses that are popular...they could make Keira Knightley look pregnant!
\\

And, when I weighed 80lbs more than I do now, many years ago, I took full advantage of a empire-waisted summer dress I had. There's a mall across the street from my job; I often go there for lunch. Well, it's hard to cross, because of the traffic. After I wore that dress a few times, I realized that folks stopped to let me cross--which they seldom did when I wore anything else. Then it dawned on me--with my belly at the time, if I stood a certain way, I must've looked preggers! Well, I started pooching out the old gut even more when I stood there, put my hands on my lower back, like heavily-pregnant ladies do, when their backs hurt. Worked like a charm! And, it was a hoot to start waddling, THEN break into a run, like a gazelle--must have annoyed the poop out of them!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I thought it was an unwritten rule that you don't say that to women under any circumstance..it is not worth risking the embarrasment of both parties involved.
If it isn't it should be. What an embarrassing situation. It's not worth risking, just wait it out, if the person is really pregnant thier probably going to tell you anyway.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that happened to you 10 really isn't that bad.. Maybe it was the clothes.