I think it's time and I don't know if I can do it.

blackmagic1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my Hemi is 21 this month. He can't see, can't smell, can't hear very well but he eats and purrs all the time. we've had to put 2 dogs down in 3 years, this cat will be the third. We've had him longer then my daughter. He's sitting here with his eyes partly aopen and I know he's in pain but God this is hard.
He's my baby, he's my cuddle bumm. I have to have serious sergury next month and aI'm just about at my breaking point.I need help and guidance , then prayers.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awful for you!

I wish there was something I could say to make it all better.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you feel in your heart that it is time to let go then its time to let go. Its very hard but if your kity is suffering then you have to do what is best for them. We are all here for you!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. I had to make that decision once, and it was one of the hardest I have ever made. You really have to put aside your own personal feelings and think about Hemi. His welfare must come first. Have you discussed this with your vet?

Here is an article from the main part of this website.

http://www.thecatsite.com/Care/28/Wh...-Decision.html

Good luck with no matter what you decicde, and we are always here if you need us.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You and Hemi have my prayers.
I wish there were some words that would make this decision easier for you.
I can only tell you that when it came time to put my Willy to sleep, all I could do was try to put any thoughts of how hard it was going to be for me to let him go out of my head and think about what was best for him. He was suffering at the end and it was my responsibility to protect him from that. Please know that you have the support of everyone here as you make this decision. I hope you can find comfort in knowing you gave your sweet boy a loving, happy life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blackmagic1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for everything, I'll get back to you all later tonight or tomorrow.
thanks so much for making this easier.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry for you
It is the hardest decision anyone will ever make, but you cannot let them suffer. You and Hemi are in my thoughts and prayers.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a situation for you to be in

Follow your heart and think of Hemi if he's in pain
but remember were all here for you whatever you decide, so you don't have to do this alone

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone else here said(I can't remember the thread, but I kept the quote near my heart when I was driving my poor Sandie to the vet for her euthanasia), "It is hard that in ending their suffering, ours must begin" but it takes true love & courage to give that most special act of love. Hemi will understand; and TCS will be here for you, to support you during these dark hours. Tell Hemi to be sure to stop & chat with our other TCS cats that have crossed before us - I wonder what they might be saying about us - do you suppose they can read our posts?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry to hear that have to make this decision as of course he is part of your family and its horrible to be the one responsible for such a hard decision.

Please know that I think alot of us on this site know what you're going through and are here for you.

Whatever you decide, in 21 years I'm sure he's had a happy and healthy life with you.

My heart aches for you

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I had a real struggle with this as well. When Hemi go to the Bridge, he will be strong, healthy, and waiting for you there, knowing how much you love him!

blackmagic1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone.cancel thaqt I don't know how to add pics.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you, this is the hardest choice to make. I had to make this choice 2 years ago when my Kiki was going through renal failure. She was almost 20 and this was the best thing for her. Just be with Hemi as he goes over the rainbow bridge. Remember he won't be suffering anymore. Remember him as he was as a kitten.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you are going through this - but wow 21 yrs!! thats amazing and most certainly a credit to you for he lived such a long life
We are all here for you as during this time

pm me if you would like and I will help you with posting photos

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know how painful a decision like this. Last year I had to have my 20 year old Snoopy put to sleep. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I pray that you'll have the strength to do what is the right thing for your Hemi.

blackmagic1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
God I miss him. I held him really tight all the way there. He didn't want my husband he only wanted me. i held him and talked to himbut I think he went before the needle even got to him. Anyway I told him to look for our dog and he would be in a better place. I told him I loved him 150 times. I miss him so much. None of the other cats would go on his pillow until 5 minutes ago.
I want to thank you all for your support and kind words. I don't think I could have done it without you. His kidneys had failed as well as his sight and hearing et. It was time. It was just so hard. 21 years is a long time.

thanks so much.
Laurie

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Laurie, I am so sorry about Hemi. You did do what was best for him. Hemi is free of pain now and looking down at you, purring.