I think Isaac is traumatized

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a new razor phone last week, and downloaded a couple of differnt rings. One was a very angry sounding cat that meows & then hisses. I set that one to my text message ringer. Well this morning, just as I was waking up someone sent me a text. The ring went off & all 4 cats jumped up from the bed and took off. Levi, Jordan & Maggie puffed up and ran to the noise. Once I stoped the phone from ringing, they all calmed down and put their hair down. I then realized that Isaac was no where to be found. I waited a little thinking he would come out. I finally got down & looked under the bed. He looked horrified.
I quitetly talked to him, after a little bit he came out, but would not leave the bed room. He kept looking at Levi suspiciously. He is a bully and has always picked on Levi, so I think this may actually be a good thing. My poor baby was so afraid that it took a half hour before he would leave the bed room and he only came out into the front room once. I thought he had calmed down enough so I tried to feed him, but he wouldn't eat his food in the kitchen. I took it and put it in the bathtub. He obviously felt better there because only then did he eat. I feel terrible, my poor baby is traumatized.
I also learned something important. He obviously has a strong flight response.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Gosh! I hope you changed that text ring to something else.
Don't think I'm a bad Meowmy, but I paid for that ring and I'd like to see if he reacts the same a second time. If he does I will change it.