I think I'm about to make another enemy out of my other neighbor

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why the neighbors didn't contact you either, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad that Foster is out now, even if you have him locked up, he is locked up for a reason now.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome News Sophie!

I'm happy Foster is out of the shed! It's probably better that he's in the garage. He's out of harms way from your neighbors... I would just let it be and not speak to them anymore then you have to.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that Foster beng locked up in your garage might be a good thing. Those neighbor seem sketchy.... At least he got home safe!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! Glad he's safe! I think the garage will be a cakewalk for him compared to the shed!
. I would have at least called you and said "Your cat's out- come get him!" if I wasn't happy about it. At least this isn't a permanent situation for you ...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid police!!!!!!!!

As for being afraid of being caught in their yard, I wouldn't worry about that.

They had your pet trapped in their shed and it had no food or water, you were only doing what you could to keep him alive. No judge would say anything to the contrary. It would have been neglect if you hadn't gone to give him food and water while your stupid neighbours let the animal starve to death.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What ignorant neighbors! I wouldn't talk to them or help them with a thing.
So glad Foster is out and happily in your garage.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really glad that the cat was let out.

Here's my take on the situation - I could be wrong, but this could be what happened - the neighbours decided to secure their shed before they went away, making sure that anything that could be used to break into their house was locked up. The cat crept in and they didn't notice him and locked the doors. So when you called, they thought he wasn't in there. When they got home and checked he was in there, and they feel too shame-faced embarrassed about their denial of him being in their shed to face you.

At least I hope that is what happened, rather than it being deliberate.

Pretty bad that you couldn't get anyone to help you out with it though

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear the good news about Foster!

I have to agree with Epona...at least I hope that is the way it happened. I would hate to think that they did that on purpose!
Yay! Foster is back home!!!
Thanks for the update!

rosyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am SO relieved for you and Foster! I've been thinking about this all weekend, and it's great that this was finally resolved. I must admit, it's upsetting to know that you can get legal reprimanding for trying to save a cat from starvation. Tickets, breaking and entering, trespassing... I'm stunned. I too, hope that what Epona suggested is what actually happened. I think they could have acted faster, but at least you're not in an active feud with the neighbors. What a relief that he's out!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am just getting caught up with this thread! Poor Foster!!! I sure hope he did a lot of poos in that shed as an act of revenge!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! If I were you and in the interests of Foster and of future good relations, I would go and thank them and ask if they thought he got in there on his own or what, to stop it happening again. Then you cannot be accused of anything but being a good neighbour. And at least then you might get an idea of their attitude towards him. And I assume they had to clear up the cat poop?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pheeeewwwwwieee!! what a "to do"

Great news, you got him home
maybe its not a bad thing the neighbour didnt contact you
in time you´ll see them and be able to just say a quick thanks.

heres some
for the boy !

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I followed this thread but didn't post yet for lack of something to add to it. Well I am glad he is home safe and I would go thank them too and just try to judge their reactions on that. Apparently they didn't hurt him this time because they immedatiely let him out and sometimes my cat will follow me into a room and I won't even know it so maybe that's what happened here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a small little update. I know I should have posted this sooner, but I just didn't get around to it.

Monday when I got to my house after work, I decided to give these people a call... I identified myself and told him thanks so much for letting the cat out. He said "hey, no problem." I told him that if the cat made any kind of a mess in the shed, I would be more than happy to go and clean it up. He said they didn't notice anything. I thanked him again and we hung up.

I figured just in case it was an accident and I had not made an enemy out of them, it would be a positive thing for me to do in thanking them....so I did.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

personally I'd get a pair of those lock cutter things and get him the hell out of there! if he comes to you and asks if you did that, say no, if your kitty wasn't supposed to be in there than he hasn't a leg to stand on
Me too Katie!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a terrible thing to happen to that poor little guy - he is obviously so frightened and cold! You are such a good person to have gone through all that trouble to locate him and thank you for caring for him - that neighbor is just a jerk - an inhumane one, at that!

bunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm new here but I did want to add something to this thread. Cats and storage sheds seem to go together. Maybe they find good insects & field mice in sheds or perhaps that like to use them to get away from the weather. I have seen this happen before. A few years back my MIL was moving from her longtime home. I went to clean out the shed in the backyard. I was saddened to find a complete cat skeleton curled up in the corner of the shed. I had always thought that perhaps the cat was sick and went in there to die. Now, I'm worried that it had been trapped in there without food and water. It was a large yard and if the cat had been trapped, noone would hear it cry. I am so glad that your story had a happy ending. Good Luck with your new house! Bunny