I think I have the flu!

clintsworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

Wow, if you are taking zithromax, you must have a bacterial infection and not the flu. Amtibiotics do nothing for illnesses caused by vuruses- and influenza's etiology is a virus (I mean it's caused by a virus).Maybe your GP thinks you have a bacterial respiratory infection instead. That is NASTY - hope it's not pneumonia!

I had bacterial pneumonia last year and took zith for that - it does pack a punch as an antibiotic so I hope it helps you! Drink lots of fluids (I am serious - my family always laughs when I tell them that, lol) but it is true- the fluids wash out your system! And those vitamin C lozenges will help you to stimulate mucous and most lozenges - even some of the generics like WalMart - have a tiny bit of benzocane (same stuff dentists use to numb your gums before administering a needle; it's also found in stuff like Oragel) should help yout sore throat by doing the same thing - numbing it. That's why it helps to suck on them rather than simply chewing them. Then again, the same effect of the former can be accomplished by anything you suck on like hard candy - tho that won't alleviate a sore throat. (But acetamenophen will - plus it helps your fever.)

Anyway - sorry for such a long preamnle, I just hope you feel better!!! I know how I felt with pneumonia and it was NOT at all fun!!

benzocaine Do not chew them!
Everytime I get sick "lately" these bugs find a home in my chest. I take the Zithromax now as a precautionary messure to AVOID getting pneumonia. That bug that was going around in 1999 caused EVERYONE that caught it to get pneumonia and the bug going around now is a LOT like that one.

I'm over the bug now and taking vitamins to keep my resistence up.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clintsworld

Everytime I get sick "lately" these bugs find a home in my chest. I take the Zithromax now as a precautionary messure to AVOID getting pneumonia. That bug that was going around in 1999 caused EVERYONE that caught it to get pneumonia and the bug going around now is a LOT like that one.

I'm over the bug now and taking vitamins to keep my resistence up.
I had double pneumonia about this time last year and after getting several rounds of antibiotics that didn't completely cure it, I ended up being hospitalized for 4 1/2 days. The best precautionary measure to avoid getting pneumonia is to get a shot.

Hope everyone on this thread who is sick feels better soon!!!!!!!!!!!

clintsworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

I had double pneumonia about this time last year and after getting several rounds of antibiotics that didn't completely cure it, I ended up being hospitalized for 4 1/2 days. The best precautionary measure to avoid getting pneumonia is to get a shot.

Hope everyone on this thread who is sick feels better soon!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't take the shot as I am allergic to eggs and they use eggs to culture the vaccine.