I think I have a sinus infection

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never taken a sulfa drug for a sinus infection. That's interesting. I usually get Ceftin or Augmentin. I take an antihistamine/decongestant daily as well as Mucinex if my congestion is very severe. I have a deviated septum, so my sinuses are really whacked up. I also have an ongoing Rx for Nasonex. Can't take anything that starts with Aste- as those all make me sneeze. Can you take something like Mucinex or Mucinex D to help decrease the congestion?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My head doesn't hurt as bad today, but I am really nausous. Still nothing draining. The antibiotic is a blend of 2 different ones. The doctor said this way it should target any bacteria. I haven't tried mucinex.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check the side effects of the medication. The nausea could be a side effect since it's a sulfa drug. Sulfa drugs can really do a number on you and many people can't tolerate them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Check the side effects of the medication. The nausea could be a side effect since it's a sulfa drug. Sulfa drugs can really do a number on you and many people can't tolerate them.
side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea , loss of appetite and headaches