I think I found a kitty . . .

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is sad news, but there are lots of other cats out there desperately needing homes, perhaps you could open your heart and home to a non-purebred

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, those are both good ideas! I actually went to a small shelter tonight, just to look around, since I can't actually get a cat til May. I wanted to take all of them home! I will stay in touch with the rescue service, too. I still haven't found out if they will hold the kitties for me or not. I still may be able to have them.

Also, I read in a couple different places that if you get two young kittens (less than 4-6 months old), they may bond to each other and not bond to the humans as much. Is there any truth in this?

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think it's up to the individual cat personalities.

Some cats are more independant than others, kittens will be the same. I think if you go out of your way to handle the kittens and make yourself a known presence in their life , there will be no problems.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do end up adopting from a shelter, may I make a suggestion?

Some shelters will have cats that had previous lived together, and bonded, whose owner can't keep them anymore for whatever reason. Adult cats are harder to place for adoption, anyway, since most people want cute fuzzy kittens, and placing two adults together isn't easy.

Think, you could not only be saving 2 lives, you could be saving a lifelong friendship.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do that if I could. When Tigger finally goes, Darrell and I were thinking of adopting really old cats and giving them a few real good years left. Nothin worse then dying in a cage I'm sure. We can't do it now cause Tigger would have a caniption
eventually though, eventually.