I think he hates me :(

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something to think about when Brady's ready (& not a moment before) is to get one of the large cages (I got one for medium size dogs) and put him in it, then partially drape it with a dark blanket. Put some food, water, and litter box in there. Then let the dogs in. That way, he's safe and they can safely interact. Only let the dogs in there once Brady's totally comfortable with you and has claimed you as "his". Then they can be introduced, sniff each other, then you can put the dogs back outside the door. Another thing to try is a screen door on that room that you could latch from either side. (On the inside to keep the dogs out while you're in there and then on the outside to keep the cat in when you're not in with him.)

But, I would think this is several WEEKS down the road, if not longer.

Stephanie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Something to think about when Brady's ready (& not a moment before) is to get one of the large cages (I got one for medium size dogs) and put him in it, then partially drape it with a dark blanket. Put some food, water, and litter box in there. Then let the dogs in. That way, he's safe and they can safely interact. Only let the dogs in there once Brady's totally comfortable with you and has claimed you as "his". Then they can be introduced, sniff each other, then you can put the dogs back outside the door. Another thing to try is a screen door on that room that you could latch from either side. (On the inside to keep the dogs out while you're in there and then on the outside to keep the cat in when you're not in with him.)
I am curious-if Brady is in a cage with dogs sniffing around him, would he KNOW that he is safe??? Supposedly Brady's best buddy at his fosters was a dog who liked to lick his ears.

And by the way I am trying to make sure that the dogs understand that Brady is supposed to be in the house and that they are not supposed to harm him. I figure some day Brady will have the run of the house and they will interact. If / when Brady gets outside I need to have the dogs know to let Brady back into the house and not regard him as a 'varmint'.

I better not try the screen door, not with Sophia, our Golden. She would make short work of it!