I think he feared for my life

bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kids had company over and they always stay up until insane hours so I was trying to keep the place quiet this morning. Eyvan decided he was going to come into the bathroom with me when I wanted to have a shower and I knew if I left him out he would just yowl until I came out and wake the whole house so I let him stay.

He was good until I finished washing my hair but then I think he thought I had somehow left the room without his knowledge and so proceeded to meow loudly at the door. I pulled the curtain back and whispered to let him know I was still there which worked well as long as I kept poking my head out every few seconds and talking to him. He was content to sit on the toilet and wait until he got the idea that he should check out what I was doing behide the green curtain and his head popped around the corner.

One look at the spraying water and he was gone like a flash; back on the toilet and yowling at the top of his lungs with great concern and panic. I stuck my head out to reassure him only to see his yellow eyes were attempting to reach plate size and were seeming to plead with me to PLEASE COME OUT OF THAT EVIL PLACE NOW!! Sure I was doomed, there was no comforting him and he continued to wail pitifully despite my best efforts .

I finished as fast as I could and the moment I stepped out Eyvan sat up on his hind legs and raised both front paws to me waiving in the air towards my face. I put out my hand and he grabbed it and rubbed a furry orange cheek thankfully against my hand in spite of the fact that it was still wet. Needless to say there was not one person left sleeping in the entire apartment.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! He WUBS U!!!
He couldn't imagine WHY on EARTH you would covering yourself with...ugh... shudder... WATER!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only could you be in danger of drowning but you were also washing off his scent!

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get clear curtains

That's what I have (not planned, slightly horrified that all could be seen...) and my cats hang out on the toilet and the bathtub edge while I shower. Then when I'm done, the cats jump in, hang out and one of them obsessively wipes the water spots on the curtain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tdonline

Get clear curtains

That's what I have (not planned, slightly horrified that all could be seen...) and my cats hang out on the toilet and the bathtub edge while I shower. Then when I'm done, the cats jump in, hang out and one of them obsessively wipes the water spots on the curtain.
lol, I have two teens and a door that doesn't lock and while it hasn't happened often... Eyvan's just going to have to learn to deal with it I'm afraid.