I think Beeba has another UTI

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds good......lets hope he remains well once home.....and he can get rid of the crystals once and for all...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Beeba doing now?

Is your vet putting Beeba on prescription food now, forever? Because he has blocked, he needs to be on special food for life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, he is on s/d wet right now. I have posted in nutrition his dislike for it. I think the Baytril is making him a bit lethargic. He is peeing, on an acidifyer 2x/day plus the Baytril once a day.

But he seems alot happier. He was all over me yesterday when I brought him home! He's watching birds, washing etc. I still am a crazy woman watching the litter box

I had a blocked cat 11 years ago. Same vet gave him dry c/d which took care of the problem. But, I transitioned him to urinary tract Purina dry and that worked as well. He passed at 13, unrelated to urinary issues.

Thanks for asking about Beeb. I sure do love that cat!

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had 2 cats totally hating the prescript diet including the s/d wet...one would eat the dry ..but no wet what so ever...It can be a struggle because we know they NEED to eat it....Hopefully you have a good vet and will help you find the right diet that he needs and that he will eat....
Happy to hear he is sooooo happy to be home again...that alone does them good....the less stress the better

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things like this always happen on a holiday. What you say about your cats not liking s/d sounds so familiar. I've been reading up on it and it is so true.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several other brands to choose from if a cat won't eat the Hills Prescrption line. Royal Canin SO (canned) and SO 33 (kibble) are said to be very good, and there is at least one other prescrption brand, but can't ever think of the name.

The Hills Prescription s/d is only meant to be eaten for a short time, then the cat should be switched to the maintenance formula which is the c/d. Mazy is on the dry c/d and likes it fine, but I really want to get her on a mostly canned diet. She doesn't like (nor do I) the canned c/d.

At her check up in December I plan to talk to my vet about trying the canned Royal Canin SO canned (I like the ingredients much better than the c/d) as main diet, with the Royal Canin SO 33 kibble as snack.

Be sure to keep us updated on Beeba

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved on over to nutrition since I am having such a difficult time with the boy. Thanks for your input. It all helps!