I should be excited!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 3 today!
The week is going by super fast.

This week and the next 3 weeks after it are orientation weeks.

Monday we had a tour of the facility plus a sit down with the resource nurse who gave us a "how to survive clinic" talk. It was very overwhelming. Way too much information overload!!

Yesterday was better. We met the resource nurse and she went over the computer program and gave us more information on different policies. She helped us get our computers set up to the way we will be needing them and then we had hands on computer time to get familiar with the program and how to enter patient data and find it again. Everything there is computerized charting except for the test requisitions, and maybe even some of those are computer generated. Not sure.

Then we had a tour of the Haematology lab and got to watch blood samples being processed. We even got to look through a microscope and see different blood cells. Of course me being the Biology geek that I am, I loved that part!

Today we get to spend time in an actual clinic. I am paired up with another oncology nurse, but I was told to shadow the oncologist so that I can see what it is that he does and what he says to patients and it will also give me a refresher on oncology itself. So that's what I'm going to do.

Tomorrow and Friday I get to spend time down in the basement where the radiation machines are. That should be fascinating!

Oh! And it's so nice to have energy when I get home. When I got home yesterday I cooked, did dishes, tidied up the kitchen, folded laundry and put it away, and even managed to do a light vacuuming of the kitchen floor. And I made lunch for today. So much nicer than coming home and falling down dead tired either into bed or a chair that I don't move from unless I'm going to bed!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Oh! And it's so nice to have energy when I get home. When I got home yesterday I cooked, did dishes, tidied up the kitchen, folded laundry and put it away, and even managed to do a light vacuuming of the kitchen floor. And I made lunch for today. So much nicer than coming home and falling down dead tired either into bed or a chair that I don't move from unless I'm going to bed!
Linda - you sound SO happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and excited!
I'm so glad you got the job - it sounds like it's just what you needed.