I seem to have had a kid who can't stay put for long.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest, Nathan, just hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, finishing in October. Today around lunch time he flies out for a trip to Viet Nam and Thailand. He will be back Christmas Eve. How did such a world traveler come from 2 old fuddy duddys who love to stay at home? Although I admit when I was young and had never been out of state I wanted to GO - anywhere as long as it had mountains, Florida (where I lived ) is FLAT!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flat, hot & humid? You say this like it's a bad thing. :cloud9:

I've lived in places that had mountains and all 4 seasons.

I hope your son has a great time. He'll have plenty of great stories to tell when he finally settles down. Good for him. We could all benefit from having more adventures.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a homebody until the kid's got older. They say travel broadens the mind and it probably does. I love travelling now only one of my four kids likes to stay put. I wish I'd of done it while I was young good on him for having the confidence to do it. Well done you for raising such a confident young man.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Good for him for doing it while he is young. That's when you can do it on the cheap and gain perspective that will change you for life. I've never regreted my travels, just wish that I could do it all over again as a Senior.

Only with a van or motorhome instead of a bedroll or backpack....and a credit card funded by a 401K instead of an abusive boyfriend and whatever change I could keep from what people threw in my guitar case...and a storage locker for the familyless heirlooms, of course, lol.

:flail:

Good for you for raising an adventurer who understands how short life really is.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Traveling is fun. It is good that your son does it while he still is young. I regret not having done that while I was much younger. But now I make it a point to travel overseas every year, but with my whole gang of kids, nephews and niece along with their parents. We occupy more than the whole rows of seats on a plane everytime. 😁

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof! Is he hiking there or just doing more typical touristy things?
Honestly, I don't know. I would assume there will be some hiking. I think he is going to regret flying back on Christmas Eve. He gets in and goes straight to his girlfriends mothers house for Christmas Eve and then drives 2 hours here for Christmas Day before even going home. After an almost 20 hour flight he is going to be exhausted!!