I saw my beautiful baby get hit by a car

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyone out there that can please help me? I walked across the street to get the mail, my beautiful baby, Chrissy, was on the front porch. I turned around to come back, a car passed, and I heard the most awful sound and my Chrissy laying in the road. She moved once and collapsed.I screamed and ran to her, but it was too late. We've had her for ten years, she has been the best friend and companion in the world! We are shattered! My husband and I have been crying off and on for 4 days, I totally blame myself, she wanted to be with me. I can't get over it, I see it over and over again, The car didn't even stop. Does the pain ever lessen? What can I do?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your baby. Sending a prayer that you find peace, &
to you & your husband.

RIP Chrissy

Last edited:

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  {{{Hugs}}}  One of the many reasons I do not let my kitties go outside is because I fear this happening.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  Unfortunately accidents do happen no matter how many precautions you take.  You loved your kitty and she knows it.  Perhaps giving a home to another kitty would help fill the whole in your heart and lessen the pain.  You would not be replacing your baby.  You would be honoring her by giving another baby a chance at a loving home. Please remember that blaming yourself is not going to change anything.  I have suffered losses to and blamed myself at first.  The pain will fade in time and be replaced by the memories of your time together.  Everyone grieves at their own pace so please allow yourself time to grieve.  I wish I could give you a hug in person.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I very seldom venture into this forum, but I saw your post and had to respond.  Please don't blame yourself.  You and your husband loved her, you both still love her, and you would have never done anything to harm her.  It was a terrible accident.  I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You so much for your kind words. I did want you to know that my husband and I went to the Humane Society and paid for three adoptions of older cats to anyone who desperately wanted to adopt but couldn't afford it. We did this in Chrissy's name. We're still crying every day, but trying to find ways to lessen the hurt. Thanks again.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had this experience twice, when I was still in school. My mother didn't believe in indoor cats back then. Terrible experiences. I remember them distinctly, and the most recent one was 43 years ago.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You so much for your kind words. I did want you to know that my husband and I went to the Humane Society and paid for three adoptions of older cats to anyone who desperately wanted to adopt but couldn't afford it. We did this in Chrissy's name. We're still crying every day, but trying to find ways to lessen the hurt. Thanks again.

That is an excellent way to honor your baby. Kudos to you for reaching out to help others during a very difficult time in your lives.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Chrissy. It must have been awful watching your cat get hit. It will never get easy for someone to go through the loss of a pet. Good luck..I know another cat could not replace  Chrissy but it can help.

dejolane