I Said I Would Never Foster Again....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mainly due to health-related issues, but here I am with four more kittens to bottle-feed and raise.

For two days I was hearing kittens mewing over at the neighbors, so I figured I'd better go investigate. I could hear the mewing coming from under their porch, but couldn't get to the babies. Out of desperation, I started calling for them, and to my surprise they all crawled out from under the porch - one by one. So I was able to gather them up and bring them in. I guess even kittens know a "sucker" when they see one.
Maybe the momma kitty gave them instructions before she disappeared.

I don't know if whether the momma cat just abandoned them, or got hurt or something.
At first I thought that maybe she had just wandered off or something in search of food, so the first night I had the kittens I put them out on the porch in a big box in the hopes that she would find them there and gather them up. But the babies were still there the next morning, so I'm assuming something happened to the momma.
I don't know if I did the right thing or not by taking the kittens in: maybe the momma is still around somewhere and is looking for her babies. All I know is that I couldn't take a chance of leaving those poor babies out there alone like that and possibly starving to death, or risking them getting hurt or worse by a possom or something.

So here I am with 4 more kittens to foster. Could y'all please send some vibes my way that I'll physically be able to care for them?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor babies. Thanks for taking them in to care for them.

Yeah, I second the request for pics!!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bless your soul, taking care of those little ones! Sending vibes for your continued strength!

Oh, and I third the vote for pictures!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by resqchick

Bless your soul, taking care of those little ones! Sending vibes for your continued strength!

Oh, and I third the vote for pictures!
Ditto that.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you rescued them, they are in good hands now

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to see you post!!! And you DID the right thing. And as Laurie said, you are not cut out for not caring. None of us here are..... Oh Tiff - you are a lifesaver and of course I will send you mega vibes for the little ones. How is Randall handling this????????

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been wondering if you were OK, haven't seen you in awhile. I'm glad you took those little sweeties in and are caring for them. And I'd love to see pictures, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

How is Randall handling this????????
When I called Randall outside to help me gather up the babies, he just rolled his eyes and looked at me like he was thinking, "Oh
- here we go again!!"
But he's used to my "insanity" by now, and pretty much grins & bears it. Besides, he can't complain too much, since he's not the one who's taking care of the babies!

Originally Posted by Winchester

I've been wondering if you were OK, haven't seen you in awhile.
I haven't been feeling the greatest again lately. And when I don't feel well, I don't feel much like doing anything I don't have to.
And sometimes, I just need a break away from it all - TCS included.

Y'all are right: I'm just not cut out for turning my back when it comes to something like this. I could never live with myself if I thought for one second that I abandoned any poor, defenseless kittens who can't take care of themselves. I guess I just don't have it in me. My son is always telling me that my biggest downfall is having too big of a heart.

I promise to post some pix soon!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your heart is just the right size Tiff!! And now a litter of babies are safe and loved because of your heart.
:vib es: to ALL of you!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiff
I am glad you are feeling better and I know it is so much more work on you again caring for another round of kittens. I am amazed they just crawled out from under that porch to you. Obviously, they knew they needed you to help them and that's why they came to you. Sure, they knew you wouldnt turn them away. How are they doing? Did you put them in Randall's bathroom this time.
. It is his turn

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Tiff
I am glad you are feeling better and I know it is so much more work on you again caring for another round of kittens. I am amazed they just crawled out from under that porch to you. Obviously, they knew they needed you to help them and that's why they came to you. Sure, they knew you wouldnt turn them away.
They somehow must have known. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw - them just coming up to me like that!
Normally stray kittens will run off when they're not used to being around people. I guess God must have steered them in the right direction.

How are they doing?
They're spoiled rotten already..
And already getting fat & sassy. When I feed them, their little paws wrap around my hand and their little ears "twitch": it's the cutest thing I ever saw.

Did you put them in Randall's bathroom this time.
. It is his turn
Yes, as a matter of fact, I did!
His bathroom is smaller, has less stuff in it for them to get into, and is a lot easier to clean up! I told ya I'd get "even" with him some day!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pix of the foster kittens, as promised.

They're not the greatest pix cuz the little stinkers wouldn't hold still when I was trying to take the pix. I'll try getting better ones and post those, too.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh they are so precious!! I can completely understand not being able to turn them away.
Sweet little things. You rock, KittKatt!!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG they are so cute
I love the M's on their little foreheads
reminds me of
Lynxx
, he had the M

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat