I really need to keep my mouth shut!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I was thinking you could make it a theme party.... MEAT!!

God Help the man who's stuck with her.....

Do the doctors on the floor know she's like this? I can just hear what my boss would say to her...and once he knew she was like that; he'd be busting her chops left and right....not giving her an inch!
I was going to suggest a barbecue!!! Lots of ribs, burgers, hot dogs, you get it...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

...I told her that a dying patient isn't a horse in a race to be bet on. It's a sad situation for the staff and the patient's family and that it's completely inappropriate for her to be going around predicting deaths and then going around after smiling and telling people "I told you so!"...
Good grief!
Forgive me, but I hold that particular truth to be pretty darned self-evident (if you'll pardon the inappropriate reference to American document while writing to a Canadian
)
! If you have to TELL her that, then she's in the wrong profession!

Union or no union, this person should not be working in a job that requires common sense-- let alone compassion.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I just laughed my butt off over that!
Thank you for sharing that!!

I agree people should just eat what they like and not try to dictate what to serve, but I DO think somethings should be labled as to what is in them. DH and I went to a wedding and they had awesome food, including a veggie mix sauce to put over rice. We loaded up on it, but at the table I noticed shrimp in it. DH is deathly allerigic to shellfish and would have ended up in the ER if he had eaten it. Just a word of advice to everyone, if food you bring to a potluck contains something like that, let people know.

I also agree your co-worker is in the wrong job! I swear, if I EVER heard anyone talking about being right about when my mother was going to pass away it would have gone to the hospital board so fast it would have made their heads spin. That is just not right. The nurses are actually the ones that let me know the time was coming based on their experiences, and that is fine. But, if someone was going around saying "I told you so, I was right" I probably would have punched her in the face. I'm sure you are SO ready to get her out of your ward!

I'm glad your chili was a hit....care to share the recipe??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out today that she turned down the position. She initially accepted it, but then yesterday decided that she changed her mind and isn't going to take it!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!!!!! Maybe you can start documenting all her mistakes/problems, then take it to HR?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I just found out today that she turned down the position. She initially accepted it, but then yesterday decided that she changed her mind and isn't going to take it!!!
well, bring meat EVERY DAY! also, start documenting her inappropriate behavior & remarks.

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well thank heavens we dont do anything like that where i work, the only people i work with or near would give us all food poisoning im sure! not that a can cook myself either! its hard being a single bloke, feeding yourself is tuff!

i went shopping the other day and as i got to the chechout the girl looked in my basket and said,

"awww, your single then?"

i laughed and said "thats amazing, you can tell that from what im buying?"

she looked me up and down and replied "no, its just your ugly!"

lol

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

My condolences!!!

Seriously, doesn't there always seem to be some pain-in-the-rear co-worker everywhere we work? There always has to be one jerk who makes our lives miserable! Cheer up, though, as given her behavior at work, I think there's a good chance that management will see it, and she will be out of there (I hope so for your sake).

I spent 20 lonnnnng years with someone like that. She and her friend even trumped up a document that showed that I made serious errors, and nearly got away with it. When the boss asked how I could explain those "errors", I was honest, though I no longer had any physical proof. Then, I got in trouble (nearly got fired) as I had "defamed her character", "accused her of falsifying documents", etc. In other words, I got in trouble for telling the truth. I wrote the manager (who was only listening to that woman's side of things all along) a rebuttal. I was danged if they were going to get away with this, esp. since I was never asked my side of the story first. It all died down after that--anyone reading my rebuttal could see that I was right. That woman did so much damage to our workplace with her scheming and gossiping--she left nearly 3 years ago, and it is STILL following us around! (On top of it, she "stole" another co-worker who was a close friend of mine. This woman knew all about the other one [the stuff happened before she got there], and never got cozy with the problem woman. Then problem woman left, and got my friend to be HER friend; they eat lunch together every day, and my "friend" doesn't even socialize with me anymore--always made excuses not to got to lunch with me, but then found time to got to the very same mall to be with the problem woman! She's so naive; problem woman is using her to get dirt on us! I no longer can trust her; it's a shame, as I still like her.)

To make a very long story short, watch out for your "problem woman". She may or may not try something with you; if it seems this is imminent, make sure you CYA with documentation. I hope it won't get to that point, but just wanted to give you the benefit of my experience. She sounds like a trouble-maker to me!