I quit my job today...

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are staying in the same field, you will easily find a job! A good office manager for an MD office is gold! And the fact that you will have a good reference, and are giving a lot of notice will be noted by the new employer!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how bold of you; I think you made the right choice since you just weren't feeling it anymore. That must have been so hard, but a relief, right?
Best of luck on finding a new job!!

i_enjoy_cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I left work once because I thought I could live in harmony with my cats. As it turns out I'm not so good at catching birds or squirells, so I was pretty hungry. I got a new job though. One that didn't require "cat-like hunting skills", every now and again I'll try to catch that stray sparrow on the deck... he's a quick one though...

Good look with your new job search! It's good to do what you love and love what you do. That's why I thought I would make a good cat... I was wrong though. I made a bad cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I wanted to share this - this is an email I got from my boss's wife just now. I got quite emotional reading it....

Hi Sarah

Firstly, thankyou for your honesty regarding your feelings about working for Donald. You're right - 5 years is a long time to be seated at that desk doing the same tasks every day. In that time, yes there has been a few difficult moments but mostly I would like to thank you for setting up the practice in a really thorough and efficient way. You have shown a lot of initiative and it will make the next person's job very easy.

I appreciate your insight and honesty regarding your current work productivity and now understand a bit better why to me, you occasionally seemed distracted and disinterested. I believe the hard decision you have made, is in fact the right decision for all of us and we wish you all the very best with your new career and family pursuits.

We are very thankful that you are prepared to stay on for another 6 weeks to finish up the outstanding work and show the next secretary the way the practice is run.

In case you didn't realize (although you always do) Donald is completely exhausted as on call at SCGH has been horrendous so he is no doubt feeling shocking today. Hence the flowers that have or will be arriving soon.

Thank you again.

Oh wow, it made me cry - I am going to miss these people!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Sarah...that was a very touching letter for sure. Congratulations to you for following your heart. I'm sure that you will be able to find something where you once again feel challenged and happy. Best of luck in your job hunt!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is touching, Sarah, and they sent you flowers, as well! You are obviously such a valued member of their staff and will be so missed for your competence and the light that you bring to the environment. This was such a big step for you, congratulations on your new beginning!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

This is touching, Sarah, and they sent you flowers, as well! You are obviously such a valued member of their staff and will be so missed for your competence and the light that you bring to the environment. This was such a big step for you, congratulations on your new beginning!
Thanks hun. Actually, I'm the ONLY member of their staff, so they don't have much choice...

I told my boss today that I am applying for the position of Executive Secretary to the Director of Medical Services for the South Metropolitan Health Division. He told me he would write a job-specific reference for me, and also a general reference for my other applications. He also told me he knows the Director and that he's a pretty nice guy! The man is a legend!! It's hard to believe someone can be so encouraging the day after I told him I am leaving him...