I picked out my wedding gown today!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Yikes....I am eloping. Well wishes for you.
Vegas is our backup plan if things get too crazy
Congrats to you!

Hehe apparently i was wrong about my veil!!!
I went to the store tonight and once again had my favorite sales associate (i am SOOO calling their district office to tell them how wonderful their people are and that they should get a raise or something- i swear, i have never met a more frienly group of people- they're all soo nice!
) I mentioned to her that i thought i was given the wrong veil.

After about 5 minutes of confusion we realized that i indeed had the right veil- only the cathedral part was detachable!
Turns out it was the correct one after all, only when i tried it on in the store i didn't have the cathedral veil attachment on as i didn't know it had one!
We tried it on both ways tonight and they wound up both looking gorgeous!
So what i decided to do is wear the regular fingertip veil and blusher without the cathedral attachment during the service/reception as i still feel it's too "much" for me...but since it is included- i will wear it for some of the pictures so we still get the full effect
I also wound up picking out my tierra tonight and some comfy white flats to wear during the reception. No luck on shoes for the ceramony though- i went 3 differnt places to try on shoes and couldn't find ANY that were comfy and didn't hurt my feet, so i might wind up wearing the flats for both the reception and the ceramony (the dress is long so nobody would know anyways and i'd be comfy!
) I'm going to go to a few more stores tomorrow, if i can't find any comfy heels i'll just wear the flats and get the dressed hemmed accordingly, we wound up postponing the alterations from today to friday so i have more time to find shoes

Aww i just love David's Bridal- i totally recommend that place to anyone that's engaged- the people are SOOOOOOOO nice and friendly, and the sales prices are great

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your veil situation worked out!
That's one less thing to have to worry about.

I loved David's Bridal, too. They were always really nice to me, and they were so adorable with my niece. My niece, who was my flower girl and 6 years old at the time, just LOVED going with me to David's. She insisted on going with me for every fitting...where she'd then play a big game of dress-up. She'd always manage to get one of the salespeople there to "help" her, and she'd proceed to try on every flower girl dress in the place...every time we went. The salespeople were always so sweet with her, and they'd go pick out shoes and accessories for her to try on with them. It was so adorable!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all these pretty dresses!! it looks like you're going to have a lot of really pretty girlies there and your gown is going to look stunning!! I still haven't found mine, but I know specifically what it is I want. It's very much a discontinued gown, but I'm sure I should be able to find it somewhere.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love both dresses, Nikki! The bridal gown and the bridesmaid's dress are very elegant, and I like the green.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few more pictures for everyone!!!!

Tierra (i tried making my own and that turned out quite badly so i just gave in and bought one
i'm glad i did- it was much less stressful that way!
: http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessor...&prodgroup=146

Ballet Flats (i got them in white) - i bought these for the reception, but after looking in 3 different stores and trying on countless shoes and not being able to find a comfy pair- i am most likely going to wear them during the ceramony if i can't find a comfy pair of heels soon. They're not the most cute shoes ever, but they're insanely comfortable!!! Besides, nobody will see them under the dress! I'm not sure yet, but if i can't find a good pair of heels by my fitting on Friday, i'm just going to wear these for both! http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessor...&prodgroup=168

Garter!
http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessor...3&prodgroup=14