I no longer have the monster

faery

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww! Spartan suits him very well. He's a beauty as well.

If you know where he is doing his business you can scoop up his stool and place it in the litter box (to put his smell there) then make sure to use a special cleaner (made for pet stains and smells) in the areas he shouldn't be going. A cat will keep going back to where it's smell is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smallbigtown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks!  I think he is such a cutie, but I am also very biased.  

I put some of his poop in the litter box, but he still wants nothing to do with it.  I have to get some of that spray stuff to deter him from going back to where he's going.  But he goes in different areas.  I think I need to get him a covered litter box, because he seems to like to be hidden.  He's only pooped "out in the open" once, on my bathroom rug.  Other than that, it's behind the toilet, underneath my bed, or underneath my dog's cot.  Do I have to spray everything except for the litter box?  

If that doesn't work, then do I have to confine him to the room with the litter box? 

faery

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahahaha! I hope not, those sprays can get pricey in the long run

I wouldn't think so (confining him to a room with a litter) assuming you can thoroughly clean all of the areas he leaves presents. A covered litter box may help. I personally don't use one as one of my lil demons likes to use those as an ambush area.....

catlady2013

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To get him to use the litter box I would keep taking him to the litter box every 30 minutes (if you have the time) and dig his paws in the litter to dig a hole.  Then let go of him and see what he does.  If he goes give him tons of loving when he's done.  It can't hurt to keep putting his poo in the box. 

You don't have his litter box too close to his food dish do you ?  It could be possible he doesn't like the type of box or the litter you gave him.  You could try another type of box, in a new location with different litter.  Keep trying new things and you'll figure it out.

PS: He's a darling, I just love black cats.

Last edited: