I never eat a meal alone

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cleo regards our kitchen table as HERS, and we're just allowed to eat off it. She sometimes tries to get on it when we're eating (which we don't allow). Ozzie likes to come and rub against our legs while we're eating. I think it's more to do with attention than food, as when we've tried putting things like leftover fish in their bowls as a treat, they look at you like you're trying to poison them. We've had previous cats where it has very much been about food, though. Our Siamese used to sit on your knee and try and intercept the food in between the plate and your mouth! There was also the family cat I grew up with, who, bizarrely, loved vegetables, so he learned to sit by one of us kids as we quietly fed him all our broccoli... 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo regards our kitchen table as HERS, and we're just allowed to eat off it. She sometimes tries to get on it when we're eating (which we don't allow). Ozzie likes to come and rub against our legs while we're eating. I think it's more to do with attention than food, as when we've tried putting things like leftover fish in their bowls as a treat, they look at you like you're trying to poison them. We've had previous cats where it has very much been about food, though. Our Siamese used to sit on your knee and try and intercept the food in between the plate and your mouth! There was also the family cat I grew up with, who, bizarrely, loved vegetables, so he learned to sit by one of us kids as we quietly fed him all our broccoli... 🤣
Did your parents ever find out?:nono:

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think they knew all along and we just didn't cotton on that they knew...! The same cat would also go WILD for tinned tomatoes, to the extent that he'd come running when he heard someone opening a can of them. As I often say with cats, ours is not to question why...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they knew all along and we just didn't cotton on that they knew...! The same cat would also go WILD for tinned tomatoes, to the extent that he'd come running when he heard someone opening a can of them. As I often say with cats, ours is not to question why...
Some of my cats loved sardines. In tomato.
:lol::fish:🍅

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they do weird things on purpose to keep us guessing. Mess with our heads.