I need you guys to do something for me..

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's really shocking and sad. I feel sorry for that boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

My heart goes out to Jaye and his family. What a tragedy! I will definitely pray for healing for Jaye. And for wisdom for his medical team, and peace for his family and class mates.

When the beloved TCS member Cathy (may she rest in peace) was ill, there was a page to offer support and love to her and her family. In fact, I made a similar page for a catloving friend of mine named Joyce, who had a below the knee amputation and is facing open heart surgery!
http://www.guestbookdepot.com/php/gu...ook_id=670487&

If you go to it, you can make a free guestbook of your own for Jaye, and people can post their support for him and his family. Of course part of the idea is spreading the word, which as you see didn't go so well for my friend. But with all of us at TCS helping, we could get a lot of posts for Jaye.
I think this is a lovely idea I really like it. I remember Cathi's one. I think I will do this but I'll have to wait because not everybody from our class has been told so we're not really allowed to go public until everybody has been told so that nobody hears second hand.
Lovely idea though thankyou for pointing me in that direction

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a tragedy. I wonder if it was an accident though. I don't mean to be insensitive at a time like this, but I keep hearing in the news about a new fad that kids are trying which involves choking themselves to get "high". It's terrible. I pray that Jaye recovers without any adverse side effects.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George'smom

This is a tragedy. I wonder if it was an accident though. I don't mean to be insensitive at a time like this, but I keep hearing in the news about a new fad that kids are trying which involves choking themselves to get "high". It's terrible. I pray that Jaye recovers without any adverse side effects.
I know what you mean but we have been assured it was an accident. Jaye has ADHD and can be quite hyper and accident prone so he would not have thought in a million years about what could happen. He always had us with our hearts in our mouths in training, climbing on things etc he's just like that unfortunately.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More TCS {{{prayers and vibes}}} coming Jaye's way. I really feel for his family and friends. As the mother of a brain-damaged daughter, I can sympathize. Perhaps you could do some research into the subject of Acquired Brain Injury (my daughter was damaged in 1983 and back then, it was considered to be the same as got-made-into-retarded, which meant being treated as a static condition and rehabilitative efforts weren't made).Every year there are advances being made in neuropsychology, so Jaye may make remarkable recovery, if proper care & treatment are done promptly. I have heard of a wonderful facility in Bakersfield,CA that has had amazing results, but it takes a great health insurance plan to pay for it.....Such a tragedy for a promising, young life, but where there is breath there is hope! And I am really praying that Jaye's future is much, much brighter than my daughter's; a future with friends & activities, love & entertainment!! Hugs, Susan

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a hideous accident to happen to a child in the prime of life. His family are in my thoughts and prayers.

INcidentally, I've seen my fair share of accidents in Tae Kwon do classes... and it's a dangerous sport like all martial arts, but it's amazing how you never think of the accidents that can happen in the home.

God bless them all.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes coming from over here. My heart goes out to his family at this terrible time. They sound very strong and united and I pray they get through it.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all of you it means so much that people all over the world are thinking of him and his family. I still don't know too much but I think I'll find out more at my next class.
Emma you're right it can be quite dangerous and of all the places for this to happen it has to happen in his own bedroom.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

More TCS {{{prayers and vibes}}} coming Jaye's way. I really feel for his family and friends. As the mother of a brain-damaged daughter, I can sympathize. Perhaps you could do some research into the subject of Acquired Brain Injury (my daughter was damaged in 1983 and back then, it was considered to be the same as got-made-into-retarded, which meant being treated as a static condition and rehabilitative efforts weren't made).Every year there are advances being made in neuropsychology, so Jaye may make remarkable recovery, if proper care & treatment are done promptly. I have heard of a wonderful facility in Bakersfield,CA that has had amazing results, but it takes a great health insurance plan to pay for it.....Such a tragedy for a promising, young life, but where there is breath there is hope! And I am really praying that Jaye's future is much, much brighter than my daughter's; a future with friends & activities, love & entertainment!! Hugs, Susan
Susan thanks for posting this. I am sorry about your daughter, people can be so ignorant at times.
I will look into this on the internet, I hadn't thought about that. I'm going to wait until I have more information about his condition though. Apparently when he's awake he looks around the room but he isn't focusing on anything. His family just want him to get at least some memory back and have his trophies all over the hospital room to try and get something from him but nothing so far.
We are going to set up a trust fund for him at some point and do lots of fundraising so maybe they could use the money to take him somewhere like Bakersfield.
Thanks for your words of encouragement

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is really sad. I hope that he and his family get through this difficult time.