I need vibes for my Brother

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just asked my husband, who is a fire fighter (granted, volunteer and just started last year) but his understanding of a pressurized fire is where the smoke had no escape route. Did the fire blow out a window or anything where the heat could escape? If not, the fire raise the air temp and hot air wants to escape (causing pressure), so it could have forced smoke into the electrical sockets, up the plumming, into the cracks of the walls, under baseboards....everywhere. So, it COULD honestly be that much of a mess. To replace all the dry wall and insulation may be the only choice. This is just his opinion, but he said it sounds like a nightmare. I would call your local fire dept just to verify but that was his understanding of a pressurized fire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I just asked my husband, who is a fire fighter (granted, volunteer and just started last year) but his understanding of a pressurized fire is where the smoke had no escape route. Did the fire blow out a window or anything where the heat could escape? If not, the fire raise the air temp and hot air wants to escape (causing pressure), so it could have forced smoke into the electrical sockets, up the plumming, into the cracks of the walls, under baseboards....everywhere. So, it COULD honestly be that much of a mess. To replace all the dry wall and insulation may be the only choice. This is just his opinion, but he said it sounds like a nightmare. I would call your local fire dept just to verify but that was his understanding of a pressurized fire.
Thanks
That makes sense. I'll let my brother know because he's pretty confused about it all too.

No, there were no blown out windows. The fire was in the basement and was contained to a small area in the laundry room which didn't have any windows.