I Need To Calm Down!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, i am safe, she cant throw something 2000 miles and hit me.

oh yea, i should add that during those times, i find video games with lots of killing help to work out that mood.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read an article that said exercise releases chemicals that are anti-depressive in nature, and went on to say how people seem to naturally exercise when they're under stress and it helps them cope.

Along with that there is a well known neurotransmitter by the name of dopamine that will give you just what you need though, and what's even better is that it's easy to get a dopamine rush by doing two things: 1) eating (especially food you like) and 2) sex.

Well, hope you feel better.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

...there is a well known neurotransmitter by the name of dopamine that will give you just what you need though, and what's even better is that it's easy to get a dopamine rush by doing two things: 1) eating (especially food you like) and 2) sex.
Well, no wonder I'm overweight... and really easy...

No, no, that was a JOKE, honest! I live like a NUN!

Which, come to think of it, may be contributing to the weight problem.

I'm shutting up now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are too funny! I'm much better today, so far anyway.

I got through the day, with a little help from my friends (you guys and a friend here). I took a long walk and stopped for some sushi for lunch. Then I brought home a Starbuck's coffee and a girlfriend called. She came over with wine and we watched Little Miss Sunshine. The movie sucked, I didn't laugh ONE TIME, but the company and the wine were good.

I wish I would have thought of playing a video game (or read Bruce's suggestion earlier) because I really did feel like destroying something... I don't mind mention of my age. A very good friend died when she was 42 and ever since then I celebrate my birthdays and welcome the wrinkles! Couldn't have sex, husband was out of town, but he's back now
The pool idea is nice, too. I go walking by the shore and that's very calming.

I had a long shower, too, and that was good. Did you know that when insane people get hyper they are put in running water and it's soothes them? Works for me.

Thanks again! I'll remember all these suggestions for next time.