I need to air out the situation, and would welcome any advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pepsiandmax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: we did not get any bloodtests done today. Even with the meds to calm him down, Pepsi was not having any of the needle.

But what we see is that his gums are very red. And just as I have been saying; the vet saw him and his behaviour, and she is not worried about him, he is fine in many ways.

So the new plan is; to not stress his system even more, we went against putting him out today for the blood test, and we made an appointment for next week; he will have a teeth cleaning, x-ray and all the stuff for hos teeth, and also while he is under they will take the blood sample to look at his values again. The vet repeated his numbers were not bad last time, yes one of them had gone up, but she is not worried about his kidneys that much. If the numbers are up again, its still going to be early days of any kidney issues. But tests will be done next week. But all in all she suspects its his teeth and gum that is bothering him. He got a shot of metacam today, and I will be giving him metacam for the next week (until our appointment), to see if any pain meds might change his behaviour back to more normal.

As was mentioned earlier; metacam is not good for the kidneys, but its a bad vs bad, its not good if he is in constant pain either.

Anyways thats it for the update. I am a bit more calm now. Even if I know I will still be a tad bit worried untill I know for sure whats going on 😅

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It isn't good for the kidneys but my cat Nobel was on it off and on for years. I had a big bottle at home from the vet for if he had any FLUTD flares. Unfortunately, no pain management is without side effects but you're correct in that constant pain isn't good either.