I need someone to talk to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

its normal to be nervous- but remember that these people do this for a living & are professionals. tell them whats bothering you- tell them everything that you think you need to, because if you dont, they wont be able to help you properly
I think thats part of whats scaring me is what to tell them. With out them saying wow thats one messed up lady lol

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Try not to feel stupid because you're not! It will be okay.
I think you'll feel a lot better after you go, because you'll realize it's not as scary as you're thinking right now.
I sure hope so.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

I think thats part of whats scaring me is what to tell them. With out them saying wow thats one messed up lady lol
No one would EVER think that, or say that. This is their job- they are true professionals & I hope the lady you are going to will treat you with great respect!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rather be "messed up" than ordinary... Shows that you are a real person... with real life situations, some good and some bad! Hang in there and good luck!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... no matter how "messed up" you think you are, remember, this woman went into her profession because she feels for people who are suffering in this way, and she's studied many years to learn how to help them. She's on your side!

Also, you don't have to know what to say when you get there -- it's her job to ask questions and draw out the things you need to unload. All you have to do is show up and be willing.

Y'know, it occurs to me... sometimes when a person goes into counseling, the spouse and other family members get nervous, because they think the counselor is going to say they're at fault, they're the cause of the problems. Do you think your husband might be afraid of that?

Whatever's upsetting him, please try not to let it affect you. Just stay focused on getting the help you need... everything else will follow after that.

It's going to feel so good to speak freely about the things that trouble you! Don't be afraid!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know thats his problem. He thinks its all about him. Honestly some of it is but not all of it. He kind of thinks everything in the world has to do with him. And im trying to make him see this isnt about him its about me.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
5 hours..... this is worse then going to the dentist.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

5 hours..... this is worse then going to the dentist.
Your going to do great! Just relax, it will all be worth it in the end- they are here to help you!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking about you today. This 1st step is going to be so difficult, but so worth it in the long run. I am here for you if you need to talk.

Good luck.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
2 and half hours........ i think i hear the music from jaws lol j/k

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well im sitting hearts just thumping. I need to leave in about 5 mins. So wish me luck and talk to you all later.
Thanks again for everything!!!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No professional that I know of is going to call you crazy. you need someone to talk to and that's exactly how they'll help you. I know you're probably going to be shy at first, I was. But, my counselor refused to take any of our insurance cards our whatever last year and it sucked. I have went to her for forever but whatever and I am not going to another counselor unless I need to. I hope that you get the help you need.
I will keep you in my thoughts.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending you vibes while you are at your appointment! I really hope that things go well.