I need someone to talk to

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used to have panic attacks, I took just the tiniest dose of Xanax, and it allowed me to calm down within minutes. Xanax is extremely effective, and it doesn't become addictive if you take it only in the moment when a panic attack has seized you -- not on a regular basis. Maybe you could ask your doctor about keeping a few tablets of it around.

Meanwhile, can you get some exercise? A nice run or a bike ride can get the endorphins flowing, and that always feels good.

It was so brave of you to try to stop your medication, but if your brain needs it, it needs it. Whatever keeps you on an even keel is worthwhile. Hang on!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I'm feeling much better - The medication seems to be kicking in

I'm eating much better now, so at least I'm getting more energy back.

I'm going to see the psychologist on Monday - So hopefully that will help me work through this

I'm back at work and thats helping too - Keeping my mind busy

Thanks for thinking of me guys
Glad to hear that things are getting better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone - It always helps to have support from people around you, even if it is in the cyber community!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jane, I'm with you every step of the way - I'm going through what you are going through right now.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear things are getting better for you. Sorry I wasn't here earlier, just caught this thread now.

What helps me to relax is sit on the couch and cuddle with Stanley listening to his purring. There's just something so relaxing about a cat purring. Take a warm bath (with bubbles for some fun) and read. I like the walk idea too. I am happy to hear about your husband and your family is being so supportive, it definitely helps a lot.

Thinking of you and sending many vibes
and hugs
your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties are just the best - Diesel just sits on the couch next to me and puts up with all my cuddles and kisses

And Portia loves to purr up a storm