I need some tips to help my sick cat:refuses to eat/drink

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that Tania continues to improve.

You are doing a really good job nursing her.

The shelter that has you for a volunteer will be very fortunate indeed.

Thanks for keeping us updated...
we really do care.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she is better. I have been thinking of helping out at a shelter but am afraid I would bring germs home. The shelter here is terrible and they have been in trouble.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I am glad she is better. I have been thinking of helping out at a shelter but am afraid I would bring germs home. The shelter here is terrible and they have been in trouble.
Maybe the first thing you need to do is advocate for improvements to the shelter.
I would not know what that involves but the first thing that comes to mind is fundraising.

I suspect that you have multiple talents that might help the shelter kitties.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear that she's continuing to improve!

Originally Posted by mews2much

I think I'd be more worried about bringing home cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say that I started a little thread with pics of Tania at her worse (a few days ago) and now.
Here it is: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157131

Also, mewstoomuch: You can find information in this thread from LDG on how to protect your kitties from germs. Wear a special outfit on top of your clothes, changing clothes when you get out of the shelter, taking a shower immediatly when you come home, washing your clothes right away... I think with the proper precautions, your cats wouldn't be in danger. Plus, the idea of fundraising is good too, I never thought of that!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she tania is doing better

Shelters always need help fundraising (and even the simple things like feeding the cats and cleaning their litterboxes daily) so there is lots you can do to spend time with the cats too. I often do my fundraising work while sitting in the room with the feral kitties getting them used to people.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GO TANIA GO!

Marilou - Tania and Zoe are so lucky to have you as their meowmy! I am grinning from ear to ear from the news.

Everyone's right - there are so many ways to help kitties - and shelters desperately need volunteers - and then you'll get more experience in general - and get to be around lots of kitties (I agree with Lei - helping to socialize is really rewarding!). When the time's right you'll be a fabulous foster home!

I'm just so glad to hear Tania's doing so much better. That's got to be SUCH a relief!

Sending some more vibes for her complete and quick recovery!

Laurie